Gave the 350 and 146 a spin this morning.

Started by Flat Top, September 23, 2023, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat Top

First time out with the 350...an amazing reel. It casts effortlessly and although I had trouble keeping my thumb off of the retrieving line...old habit....when I finally did the leveline did an admirable job of stacking the line neatly on the spool....but. it did not wind the spool fully side to side. It left about a 3/8 of an inch low point on each side of the spool, but, the line stacked evenly across the center part of the spool. I am sure this was due to my first guide being only 24" from the reel...a 30  to 32 " distance from the reel to the first guide would solve that issue. That situation did not interfere with the usability of the reel and the last time I retrieved the line I used my thumb to neatly stack the line on the full width of the spool....so all in all it worked out well.

Also got my 146 Squidder out as well. I think I read somewhere that Alan Tani really likes a reel that is as wide as it is tall and I can see why.....casts well, easy to thumb line on the retrieve, and is just a joy to use.
Overkill....is way underrated.