DAM Quick Power Champion 431LDL

Started by kevin cozens, September 23, 2023, 10:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

I have not really had much to do with DAM reels in the past although i did once have a BC165 that i purchased new when i started sea fishing in the 1990's. i used this for a few years until i progressed to a multiplier although i only sold the reel around 18 months ago.
Today i went to the local indoor market and noticed that a bloke was selling an old DAM Quick Power Champion 431LDL.
Its in VGC and runs very well needing no parts except a good service and some new line. there is only minor corrosion
Its a shame its a left hand version.
The only problem is that i cannot find bugger all on the reel.
I cannot even find a decent schematic diagram for it. If any one has one i can download i will be very grateful

sandbar

kevin cozens

Quote from: sandbar on September 25, 2023, 05:58:16 PMDoes this help?
I have just noticed it after all this time.
I hate to be cheeky but have you got a clearer copy as its not very clear

Gfish

Interesting, but no help here. Never heard of that one. Maybe named for the European or British market?
I'll add 2 more terms from the British lexicon though:"cheeky and bugger all". Keep 'em coming; the interesting reels and the terms.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sandbar

Quote from: kevin cozens on December 30, 2023, 01:11:06 AM
Quote from: sandbar on September 25, 2023, 05:58:16 PMDoes this help?
I have just noticed it after all this time.
I hate to be cheeky but have you got a clearer copy as its not very clear

I'm sorry Kevin. I didn't realize how fuzzy it was,
but that is all I have right now. I will keep my eye out for one.
-Steve

JasonGotaProblem

I was looking at one of these for sale once. I passed on it because I learned it was made after the "DAM" name was sold and production moved to Asia.

Not necessarily a deal breaker, I'm sure it's a decent reel. but if I want an Asian made lever drag with no parts support, there's lots of other options so I didn't make the 2 hour drive to snag that one.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.