SS Bridge Plate

Started by Squirmypug, March 06, 2012, 04:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Titanium plate would be great if it's the hard stuff.  Lots of titanium is quite soft.  Titanium is very light compared to SS.

I was supposed to send off the post, but haven't done so because I thought I'd wait until I cut a few more, including for the 113.  I'm in the process of  "tanking" my reels so while doing that, the sleeve can be removed (if I can get a suitable pin punch) and the dimensions of the post can be gotten.

Also, if Alan's SS sleeves for the 113 have the pin hole at a different height, I can also cut the post to match (if I can get a sample sleeve).  Further, I'll try cutting the post so that there's not so much slop/play (there has to be some) between it and the sleeve.

BTW, how many do you want/need right now?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Squirmypug

Don't need any right now, I still haven't found anyone to make the plate yet. Next week I'm going to look around to see how much they will cost. If they don't cost too much I want to get 10-15 for the 113h made. After those are sold we can make more. I just don't want to put alot of money into them and have them not fit/sell. There is no hurry for you to make the pins yet. Thanks again for putting the work into these and have fun "tanking" your reels.  ;D
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Keta

Quote from: Squirmypug on March 11, 2012, 09:52:54 AM
Don't need any right now, I still haven't found anyone to make the plate yet. Next week I'm going to look around to see how much they will cost. If they don't cost too much I want to get 10-15 for the 113h made. After those are sold we can make more. I just don't want to put alot of money into them and have them not fit/sell. There is no hurry for you to make the pins yet. Thanks again for putting the work into these and have fun "tanking" your reels.  ;D

I was planning on having the plates water cut, the cutting is relitively cheep but the drawing could cost.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Squirmypug

Keta how much do you think that would be? I was just looking online for places near me that can waterjet/laser cut parts, going to try to talk to them this week about it.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Keta

I'm waiting for the dogs to get cut, he's busy and doing my work when he can, I'll ask.   I just finished turning a bag full of corroded and filthy parts into 3 113HW reels and have most of the parts for a 4th the owner said I could have.  I'll take the plate in when I pick up the dogs.

Don't you love it when someone takes EVERYTHING apart on several reels and then sends them to you in a ziplock bag with holes in it to fix? 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on March 11, 2012, 03:51:33 PM

Don't you love it when someone takes EVERYTHING apart on several reels and then sends them to you in a ziplock bag with holes in it to fix? 
It's your own fault Lee, You've showed them too much. Now they know that if a part is missing, no worries. you could make one ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 11, 2012, 03:57:17 PM
It's your own fault Lee, You've showed them too much. Now they know that if a part is missing, no worries. you could make one ;).

When I inventoried the parts I inspected and sorted them for useability and expected to find springs and screws missing, the only thing gone was a clicker button.  All 4 dog springs were there until I got my hands on them then there were only 3 ???  All 4 had the pinion gear rusted to the spool shaft.

I now have a 113H reel that needs new gears, a post and a clicker button to use for parts.

Mark Twain

Squirmypug

Glad to say I haven't had anyone bring me a "puzzle" in a bag  ;D

Keta

Mark Twain

Makule

QuoteDon't you love it when someone takes EVERYTHING apart on several reels and then sends them to you in a ziplock bag with holes in it to fix? 

It's okay if the reel is one you've worked on previously.  Try doing it with one that's apart, that you've never worked on before, and doesn't have all the parts (or some "extra" parts that came from a different reel).

Lee can your 1-beer machinist not cut the gears?  If he can at least cut the teeth, I may be able to do the rest.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on March 11, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
I'm waiting for the dogs to get cut, he's busy and doing my work when he can, I'll ask.   I just finished turning a bag full of corroded and filthy parts into 3 113HW reels and have most of the parts for a 4th the owner said I could have.  I'll take the plate in when I pick up the dogs.

Lee, be greatful that they trust you enough to send you reels in bags.  There are guys I know that I wouldn't even trust holding my completed reels (butter fingers). ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D