Welcome to Baja my fishing playgrounds

Started by steelfish, September 25, 2023, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Great memories there for the family to look back on, how deep was it, @ Exmouth in Western Australia, the whale sharks swim inside of Nyngaloo reef, it is about 12 feet deep there, they also have spotter plains that let the charter boat know were they are, hanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on September 27, 2023, 12:06:52 AMGreat memories there for the family to look back on, how deep was it, @ Exmouth in Western Australia, the whale sharks swim inside of Nyngaloo reef, it is about 12 feet deep there, they also have spotter plains that let the charter boat know were they are, hanks for showing us, cheers Don.

I think the zone where we found the Whale sharks was around 30-35ft deep, the captain said you can normally spot them on shallow zones because they (Whale sharks) chase the sardines ball from the deep to the shore/surface and thats where they normally swim and eat pretty calm.
I wish they have a spotter plain too, my daughter was getting pretty anxious because after few hours of searching on the BIG bay we culdnd found them, she even told me, didnt anyone here have one of those planes that search for the whale shark from the sky?  :-\  :-\  well, that was easy, the answer is no.

The Baja Guy

Gfish

Whale Sharks are Filter feeders(most whales too. What's that say about the productivity of the ocean?). Prolly no danger, unless they smash into you or smack you with their tail. Never heard of that, though.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Sweet! Amigo, you KNOW you thought about hooking it on that Avet!