chain hoist for shop

Started by farmer56, September 25, 2023, 02:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer56 here , question i am adding a third stall to my garage , only 16'x24' that size gives the existing site a cohesive look - curb appeal for resale !!!!!???? Here is my question i installed a 3 1/2"x 11 7/8 laminated beam in the rafters , i welded up 4 u-shaped brackets with 3/4" grade 8 bolts protruding out the bottom that i am screwing on eye nuts , my idea of sky hooks . I plan on getting some form of chain hoist to lift stuff , bad back- cant find help in a timely matter - you know the drill ,,,,,, the beam will not flex at a ton  maybe more , so who makes a manual or power hoist  in the 1 ton to 2 ton range  that you guys like , will not be used often . A chain driven doesn't scare me, the local boys say get the power winch from a four wheeler. any thoughts on brands or type

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare