Ocean City 250 inductor - need spool gear sprocket

Started by grapppa, September 25, 2023, 03:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grapppa

Here is a pic of the broken sprocket (?)  It has a crack at the 3'oclock position... Any help locating a new part is appreciated... thanks

foakes

Welcome aboard, Grappa!

Looked through some OC parts —- so the clicker sprocket does not seem to be a separate part from the spool.  At least it appears that way.

Which means either a replacement spool is needed —- or some surgery is required to adapt a clicker sprocket from another spool onto yours.

Thought I got rid of most of the OC reels a year or two ago.  But found maybe a couple of dozen more mixed in with 4 Brothers, Pflueger, JC Coxe, Sea Scouts, etc.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

I just checked my bin and found one loose !!  You are welcome to it .  P M  me your mailing information and i will drop it into a small envelope and stamp ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ExcessiveAngler

Wow, so there are members, that are fishing these!
Couldn't believe, I stumbled upon this reel a few days ago doing some research, to see how far back, they were using magnets in old surf Casting reels!
Even messaged Fred, to see if he had one for sale!

Shellbelly

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 25, 2023, 06:24:29 PMI just checked my bin and found one loose !!  You are welcome to it .
Quote from: foakes on September 25, 2023, 05:42:49 PMThought I got rid of most of the OC reels a year or two ago.  But found maybe a couple of dozen more
Nice catch!  Sooooo, while you guys are finding stuff, I'm looking for a 612.... 8)
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

foakes

Quote from: Shellbelly on September 25, 2023, 07:43:14 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 25, 2023, 06:24:29 PMI just checked my bin and found one loose !!  You are welcome to it .
Quote from: foakes on September 25, 2023, 05:42:49 PMThought I got rid of most of the OC reels a year or two ago.  But found maybe a couple of dozen more
Nice catch!  Sooooo, while you guys are finding stuff, I'm looking for a 612.... 8)

I just looked up in Mike's brilliant OC book —- a 612.

If it is a 12/0 size —- I have nothing that large in OC.  Just Penn.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.