Need Help Identifying Part Number Of Garcia Conolon Rod

Started by Walleye Guy, September 26, 2023, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye Guy

I can take a couple more pics tonight if you need to see more of it.

oldmanjoe

Ok the first guide and a coulple different angles of the model number close up .    Lets see if there is a ghost for the numbers .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Walleye Guy

You got it, I'll take the pictures tonight and will post them tomorrow.  I appreciate your help!

jtwill98

The top rod in these pictures of this rod seem to match the color and wrapping of your rod, which is why I thought your rod might be a 2545-D.

Walleye Guy

The fiberglass color definitely looks close to my rod and also the thread color (both the gold and black lines) seem to match.  I can read the 2404 number but not the other.  What is the other rod number?  After I post this response I'll be posting the pictures of the guides, etc that oldmanjoe requested.

Walleye Guy

oldmanjoe, here are the guide pictures.

Walleye Guy

oldmanjoe, here are misc pictures of the part number sticker as well as one that shows the entire rod (in two pieces).  Note: the brown paper wrapped around the chrome reel seat is anti-corrosion paper like a ball bearing gets wrapped in for storage.  Ever since we moved into this old farm house, my fishing gear is stored in my barn and this keeps it from rusting until I get my garage set up but that's another story for a another day...

Walleye Guy

oldmanjoe, for my own learning...what do you mean by a boat pole?

jtwill98

Quote from: Walleye Guy on September 28, 2023, 12:12:27 PMThe fiberglass color definitely looks close to my rod and also the thread color (both the gold and black lines) seem to match.  I can read the 2404 number but not the other.  What is the other rod number?  After I post this response I'll be posting the pictures of the guides, etc that oldmanjoe requested.

Sorry, Also 2404-D. I should have included a link to the original source of the pictures.  Here it is: https://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70584 & https://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1128

philaroman

oldmanjoe

These pictures did helped .  You have a spinning rod with a steel seat .    That makes it look like saltwater friendly stick .

The label pictures helped also , I will post the one that helped the most .
 The  >:D in me wants to hold off what I think I see .

Any body have a guess ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oldmanjoe

oldmanjoe

Getting warm

Walleye Guy

If it helps, I bought five Conolon rods from the owner's son and three of them are from that ad.  They are  2148A, 2159A and 2233A.  I don't know why the letter suffixes are on the rod  but not in the ad.

Regarding the other two rods, one is an ultralight (2121D) and the other one is the one we're trying to identify.