Need Help Identifying Part Number Of Garcia Conolon Rod

Started by Walleye Guy, September 26, 2023, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

:)  Ok that helps , He likes the 21xx

When I blow up the label , This is what i see .   21 or possible 24 .    21 was more likely because of the spacing between the numbers !!!      Yet I can`t find a catalog with those # .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Walleye Guy

Eagle Eyes Joe, I think you're on the right track.  I opened picture 3450 and zoomed in and noticed that the top of the number "1" from the P/N appears to match the same font of the #1 in the 8-1/2 rod length and 2-1/2 ounce lure weight.  See snippet below.  I also just happened to notice that the sticker is ripped through the letter "D"...

Walleye Guy

Here is the label of the 2159A rod so you can see the larger font 2 and 1 next to each other.  Notice how the thickness of the 2 gets skinny at the top (12 o'clock position).  This narrow area of the font can be seen on the rod we're trying to identify.  Not sure if I explained that very well...

Walleye Guy

Update: I added a zoomed view of the 2159A.  The red arrow points to the area I'm referring to.  It looks like this is where the sticker is torn on the rod we're trying to identify.

jtwill98

Here are the Conolon images from my server all wrapped up in one pdf file.
I hope it helps.  I uploaded a newer version sorted by years.

boon

I don't think it's a 2. If it was torn at the middle of the curve the 2 would interfere with the 1. Also on the 2159A the model number is in a more cursive font whereas on the mystery rod it's more blocky, like the line/weight specs. Compare the thickness of the horizontal and vertical strokes on the 5s.

jtwill98

I also found this file in my archive which I don't recall ever seeing.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: boon on September 29, 2023, 12:43:58 AMI don't think it's a 2. If it was torn at the middle of the curve the 2 would interfere with the 1. Also on the 2159A the model number is in a more cursive font whereas on the mystery rod it's more blocky, like the line/weight specs. Compare the thickness of the horizontal and vertical strokes on the 5s.
I am looking at it 200 %  the clear finish and decal is scraped away .  The D split .
When I try to drop the blown up picture to the post it goes back  28 %
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Walleye Guy

jtwill98, thank-you for posting the catalog pages.  There is a lot of good information in there but unfortunately I didn't see my rod in any of the listings.  Ugh  :-[

oldmanjoe

At this point ,I would now worry about it .   Even thou fish are in schools , they don`t read labels  :cf 

Walleye Guy

Haha, that's true!  It still bugs me that I don't know for sure what the part number is so I'm still hoping that someone out there in alantani land will post the original ad one of these days.  Fingers crossed...

Walleye Guy

Quote from: boon on September 29, 2023, 12:43:58 AMI don't think it's a 2. If it was torn at the middle of the curve the 2 would interfere with the 1. Also on the 2159A the model number is in a more cursive font whereas on the mystery rod it's more blocky, like the line/weight specs. Compare the thickness of the horizontal and vertical strokes on the 5s.
You bring up a good point boon.  The 2159 rod sticker is more of a cursive font whereas the mystery rod sticker is more of block font. 🤔  Check out the 6 in the 2159 sticker lure weight...specifically the tip of the 6.  I wonder if if my rod is 6145-D?

oldmanjoe

8)   Don`t look over there , look here .   In regards to the font two different hand writings .

boon