Exactly 88 components

Started by JasonGotaProblem, September 27, 2023, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 28, 2023, 02:15:57 AMIt's ok. I derail far too many threads to be mad if mine goes sideways.

I was 2 in '88. I probably had some cool hot wheels cars. And I probably thought they were fast.
Oh, wait a minute!
This was a reel repair thread????
 I was reading through lol!
Couldn't help but comment, on the thunder coupe, darn, 86',huh?
So seeing how it went sideways lol!
What were you cruising around in?
And not in 88' lol!
I meant, when you were in your early driving days!

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 28, 2023, 03:48:26 AM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 28, 2023, 02:15:57 AMIt's ok. I derail far too many threads to be mad if mine goes sideways.

I was 2 in '88. I probably had some cool hot wheels cars. And I probably thought they were fast.
Oh, wait a minute!
This was a reel repair thread????
 I was reading through lol!
Couldn't help but comment, on the thunder coupe, darn, 86',huh?
So seeing how it went sideways lol!
What were you cruising around in?
And not in 88' lol!
I meant, when you were in your early driving days!

Nothing that can compete in coolness or speed here. My first car was a 92 lexus LS400 (we're talking 2005ish When I got it so nothing fancy anymore) my fastest car was an 07 civic si my current car is an '11 pro4x xterra. When I was running my hot sauce company I was driving to festivals to set up a booth in a Chevy 2500 cargo van with mudding tires. I installed a folding back seat from a suburban and built and upholstered a center console/arm rest for it and put a sound system in it. I still miss that thing.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thrasher

I love my cargo van, even if I didn't need it for work I'd still drive it.

I did the same center console/arm rest thing on my old '03. A 10" down firing sub, amp rack and arm rest all in one. Looked like a mini fridge between the seats ;D  Spent way too much time building it but it was pretty cool.

My current van I wanted to be able to get in the back so amps on the wall and removeable subwoofer.

A subwoofer in a cargo van is a different sound

reelynew

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 27, 2023, 07:48:55 PMI have a 88 T Bird and now,It looks like a challenge to add more drags to my reels to get to that 88 count.

Hi Joe, that looks like a red Quick reel in your second photo.  What model is that?  I hadn't seen a red Quick reel before.

Matt
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 28, 2023, 03:05:22 AM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 28, 2023, 01:23:54 AM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 27, 2023, 07:48:55 PMI have a 88 T Bird and now,It looks like a challenge to add more drags to my reels to get to that 88 count.
Is that the five speed manual, turbo coupe, by any chance, Joe?
My buddies was slow off the line, he had the automatic lol!
I used to be able to fly, through them gears, like nothing lol!

I had 2 88 t birds , the blue one had 302 / 5 speed .  the black one 302 / 4 speed in line shifter
So seeing how we're still going sideways lol!
Like all my smokey burnouts LMAO!
Did you ever have the pleasure of driving the supercharged Thunderbirds or mercury cougars?
My oh my, now they were super fast lol!

JasonGotaProblem

It really is. I attached the box of my 2 incredibly underpowered 10s into the shelves i used to cart my sauce around. I think i had a 200 watt amp. And lemme tell ya that thing BUMPED.

My center console was just framed up out of timber and plywood. I upholstered the sides with cheap pleather, and the top with... Better pleather. But I loved that lumber smell when i opened it. It never really went away.

This thread really went sideways. I'm tempted to change the title and try again later.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: reelynew on September 28, 2023, 11:14:27 PM

Hi Joe, that looks like a red Quick reel in your second photo.  What model is that?  I hadn't seen a red Quick reel before.

Matt
That`s a 3000 with a paint job .   https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,34058.0.html
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oldmanjoe

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 28, 2023, 11:21:49 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 28, 2023, 03:05:22 AM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on September 28, 2023, 01:23:54 AM
Is that the five speed manual, turbo coupe, by any chance, Joe?
My buddies was slow off the line, he had the automatic lol!
I used to be able to fly, through them gears, like nothing lol!

I had 2 88 t birds , the blue one had 302 / 5 speed .  the black one 302 / 4 speed in line shifter
So seeing how we're still going sideways lol!
Like all my smokey burnouts LMAO!
Did you ever have the pleasure of driving the supercharged Thunderbirds or mercury cougars?
My oh my, now they were super fast lol!

I have made Hits with both .with stock suspension . You can`t get power down Although the Cougar was 2 tenths faster 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

reelynew

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 29, 2023, 12:38:50 AM
Quote from: reelynew on September 28, 2023, 11:14:27 PM

Matt
That`s a 3000 with a paint job .   https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,34058.0.html

Nice job Joe.  Thanks for the link. 
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

ourford

88 keys on a piano. You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish
Vic