Quick110N a/r not working

Started by yatesr, September 28, 2023, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yatesr

Hi everyone. I just joined because I own a quick 110N that I purchased new in 1978, I think. It's been a great reel for years, and it's actually not been used at all for probably 10 years or so until recently. A few days ago the a/r stop working. The bail spring needs replaced also. Alan referred me to Fred Oakes, in fact said the man is amazing! So if Fred or someone can reach out because ideally I would like to have the reel disassembled, cleaned, and have the new springs installed. The internals and bearing seem good upon inspection. The a/r cog doesn't have much resistance so I think the spring is the problem. The cog itself looks fine, no wear or rounding from what I can tell. Thank you! Randy from Brunswick, OH.   

Brewcrafter

Welcome Randy.  You are in the right place, and Fred is most definitely the guy... - john

yatesr

foakes

Hi Randy —-

Glad to assist and get your 110N back to new for you.

Should be an easy job.

Full disassemble, evacuation of all greases and oil.

Cleaning, burnishing and polishing all parts, reassemble using modern synthetic lubricants for the grease & oil areas, micro-tune, adjust, orange cloth reel bag —- is $30.

Bail spring is $5.

That should be all it needs.  If it needs anything else, I'll cover it at no charge —- unless it something major.  From the way you describe it —- there shouldn't be much, or anything more to bring it back to new.

Likely there is old, dried grease on the A/R or a bad spring.  Or a spring just popped loose.

No big deal.

If you will email me —- I will give you my address.

These 110N's are really excellent and tough reels.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Hi Randy, yes Fred is the man, & a nice guy with it, do you have any other reels, & where do you fish, fresh water or salt, I like to keep the dogs free of grease, as it restricts the pivoting, just a drip of synthetic oil, that I apply though a surynge & needle, that way you get it right were you need it, without flooding it, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

yatesr

Hi Donnyboat. Thanks for your reply. I'm a freshwater guy with close access to Lake Erie, one of the best walleye and perch lakes anywhere. But most of my time is spent fishing small ponds or inland lakes for bass, crappie, panfish. I do get on the big lake a few times a year.

Fred already reached out and was super helpful. I'm going to have him clean and reassemble the reel and I'm sure it will be like new when I get it back. A very reasonable offer!

Heading to Olcott, NY in a few weeks to salmon/trout fish for a few days. Maybe I can post something when I get back.

Regards,
Randy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!