Hi from Norway

Started by Kolbein, September 29, 2023, 08:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbein

Thanks for letting me in :) I stumbled on this site while Googling for tips on how to fix an old reel. A few weeks ago I was given an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 10000CL, it belonged to my late father. I took it home and have deicided to put it back to it's former glory (as close as I can, hopefully).. It needs a lot of care and love 😉 But I think it wil be fun to try and fix this old reel.. From what I understand this particular one was made back in 1985. And I'm impressed with how good the inside looks(I know how little maintnence it got before), and I learned that one should not judge a book by it's cover 😉

Best regards Kolbein
--
Norwegian Noob

JasonGotaProblem

That's a 2 speed version. Lucky you. And welcome aboard.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Kolbein!

That reel will restore very nicely.

Interior is very clean and intact.

Just looks like someone stole all the grease.

It will be good to honor your Father by restoring his reel.

Best Always, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, Kolbein, from Minnesota USA, home of more folks of Norwegian heritage than most anyplace else in the world, except Norway.  Nice Abu!

Frank

Gfish

Yes, welcome Kolbein!
Love to see the results of your rehabilitation.
I had an older 9000, 2-speed, without ball bearings or a levelwind mechanism. Great reel!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Kolbein

Thanks for the welcome:)

I'll try and post a picture when finished, but I work slow, so probably gonna take some time getting there  ;)

K
Norwegian Noob

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Bill, Southern California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Welcome Kolbein from the SoCal Inland Empire!  It will be great to watch that quality classic resurrected and brought back to it's glory; you are in the right place and plenty of help here for you to do it. - john

Gobi King

Welcome from west Michigan
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

DougK

excellent, those are fine reels.. had one which got stolen..