fladen shakespeare reel

Started by kevin cozens, September 29, 2023, 01:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

i came across this reel that i found rather interesting. although its labled as a fladen AND shakespeare i never realised that the two companies are so closely related.
Im not too sure how old it is but i think 70's or 80's.
Does anyone know much about these reels
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364503392681

Gfish

Interesting. Some of the non-English words look Scandinavian in origin.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

kevin cozens

Quote from: Gfish on September 29, 2023, 03:47:46 PMInteresting. Some of the non-English words look Scandinavian in origin.
I just googled HAVSFISKERULLE and it translates from Danish to English as ''sea fishing roll''

Robert Janssen

Fladen and Shakespeare are not closely related. Not related at all, I would say. Neither is Elbe.

Fladen is a Swedish company, a purveyor of fishing tackle and supplies. They don't have any own production to speak of afaik. All products are sourced elsewhere and branded Fladen.
Having said that, i should also say that they are quite good at it. The company has grown hugely over the years, both in terms of product range as well as revenue.
Elbe is / was also a Swedish company, and might be a little older. They were primarily known for their range of sea fishing rods and lures.
Fladen is family-owned. Elbe too. In fact, it might even be the same family. Maybe a generational thing. Both companies are based in Varberg, Sweden.

However, in this case, this reel is a bit older, and the explanation is simple. Fladen ordered a whole bunch of reels, and had them branded Fladen.