Main Menu

Started by bluesnart, October 02, 2023, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesnart

Fred
I MEANT A BREAKDOWN NOT A "BREAK"

foakes

DQ 1000/1001 are very valuable and capable reels.

When fully restored the6 are easily in the $150 to $250 range.

However, yours has been Jerry-rigged and used fairly hard.

Wrong crank assembly, needs springs, screws, new bail mount arm, maybe a bearing?, for sure drags, and someone stole most of the paint.

I would say, a few key small parts, and a new handle, crank and drag knob —- along with a full service and mechanical restoration —- would yield a great reel to use.

It could be repainted, and other parts replaced —- but that would push the price invested over what the value may be currently. 

These reels are well worth restoring and using —- but unless mostly original and without a repaint —- they are much better as a user reel than an investment.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluesnart

Fred
I agree...I've been trying to figure out how to go with this little beauty..I currently use a Michelle 308 and Shimano Sonora for lite tackle fishing...but this would add to my options for small urban lake fishing...we never have enough reels right!
My hobby interest is fixing up these old reels...I really enjoy and appreciate the fine workmanship...and figuring out how to repair and maintain them...
Enough said didn't mean to go on and on
How can we best communicate regarding the min parts to get this reel up and running
Thanks Juan

foakes

You can PM me, and I would quickly send you what you need.

It would help to post a few more photos of the reel from (6) angles —- including one showing the insides with the sideplate removed.  Before ordering parts, check to make sure the main bearing is smooth and not howling.

Shouldn't take much to make this into a great "user" reel.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluesnart

bluesnart

A new member question with little on line experience navigating this site..please be brief...
How do I get to messaging in order to send a PM

foakes

No problem, Juan —-

First off, post (6) photos (2 sides, back, front, top & bottom + one inside showing the sideplate off —- on this thread (it is much more difficult to post photos in a PM).

Then check your bearing by listening to it.

Then...click on my user name.  You will see a listing to the left that says something like "send member personal message".

Do this.

Then, you will see on the top left of the pages —- a small picture of an envelope.  When you click on this —- you can search through your Private Mail "Inbox & Outbox".

Once I recommend what parts you need —- we can get this rolling with your approval.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

bluesnart

Fred
Here are the six images requested...without non original handle...to my non professional ear bearing not "howling" note I have a 110N that may fill the need this may fill..
Juan

bluesnart

Fred FYI

foakes

Here are the parts you need, Juan —-

$35 + $8 shipping.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

bluesnart

Fred
I see the handle,cap,silicone stopper, bail spring
For my info can you tell me what the other parts are? And if I run into issues putting this together would you please explain...
Juan

foakes

Quote from: bluesnart on October 04, 2023, 08:19:42 PMFred
I see the handle,cap,silicone stopper, bail spring
For my info can you tell me what the other parts are? And if I run into issues putting this together would you please explain...
Juan

Here is the explanation of parts needed —-

I would be glad to help you do this —- or I would do it for you.

It is really simple.

First, a complete cleaning and removing of all old grease, crud, and tarnish.

Polish and burnish all interior parts.

Reassemble —- here is a schematic.

First do the spool, then do the rotor bail assembly, then install the gearing and Anti-reverse dog parts, install the handle, install the rotor on the body, install the stop lever ring, driving plate, and spring cover, hex rotor nut next, then the spool shaft & the oscillation slide, test basic functions, install sideplate —- pop spool on —- done.

What you will have when completed will be a fully functional Microlite reel with some paint missing —- but it will catch a lot of fish easily & capably.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Shellbelly

Is this a crack? circled here.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Shellbelly

I'll try again.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Gfish

Welcome bluesnart. Maybe it's just me, but on the Card. 7, it looks like the 2 springs are different,...length?, thickness?...
And it does kinda look like a crack in the corner.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!