Main Menu

Started by bluesnart, October 02, 2023, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Springs are stretched out and have been "adjusted".

Providing the bearing spacer under the rotor is seated in place properly —- all this "7" needs is likely a new plastic trip-slide, and a couple of new slide springs.

That would be my initial checks and fixes.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Shellbelly on October 04, 2023, 08:44:06 PMIs this a crack? circled here.

Good eye, Brian! When Blues' second photo is enlarged it sure looks to me like a crack. I suppose that could make the stopper weak enough to hit the trip stud, especially if the springs are weak and deformed, too.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

bluesnart

Tommy
I haven't taken it apart yet so I'm no certain of what it could be...I don't see any cracks but I'll know more when I take it apart...
Springs? Right not the bail snaps back ok...all seems ok except that clicking sound when the slide his that nub
Juan

Midway Tommy

I wasn't referring to bail springs. The return springs on the bail stopper are deformed.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rocket Dog

bluesnart

Thanks Rocket Dog...it's been interesting so far

bluesnart

GFish and Shellbelly
Thanks guys..
I am working on this 7 and yes the springs look different...I don't see a crack on the corner of the slide
Thanks

bluesnart

Tommy
Thanks for your input

bluesnart

Thanks for the welcome
happyhooker

Gfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on October 03, 2023, 12:21:12 AMI gotta say I love the user name. I know full well the intent was "blues n art" but I laugh every time I see it, because my brain reads it as "blue snart" and I'm not sure why that's so funny to me but it is. Either way welcome aboard. I think you'll love it here.

That was my experience. I love stuff that makes me giggle like a kid.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!