Who needs a boat

Started by Crab Pot, October 03, 2023, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Why is it always "Florida Man"?  :D  - john

pjstevko

Quote from: Brewcrafter on October 03, 2023, 03:48:02 PMWhy is it always "Florida Man"?  :D  - john

Because they have more fun down there!

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: Crab Pot on October 03, 2023, 03:22:37 PMDarwin Award Runner Up!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fisherman-in-an-inflatable-unicorn-gets-drug-2-miles-off-shore-by-massive-shark-in-florida/ar-AA1hAqZF?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=b383ef84075d42dcb941dedfc95d872c&ei=40#image=AA1euoQ3|1
[/quote
Steve, that's the guy from Swamp people lol!
If you're not in the know, that's Zak Catchem, in the white T-shirt!
I just happen to watch, every episode of Swamp people, and tons of his videos on the web and FB lol!
So, I'll have to take this with a grain of salt lol!
Still pretty funny though lol!

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Brewcrafter on October 03, 2023, 03:48:02 PMWhy is it always "Florida Man"?  :D  - john

One of the factors is that Florida has strong sunshine/public record laws which make police records more available to the Press and the public.

JasonGotaProblem

Florida probably doesn't have more crazies than say west virginia or Nevada. Just picking random states here.  8)

But what it does have are the most transparent sunshine laws of any state. Which basically means more details about each individual crime are available than you normally see elsewhere.

So a lazy journalist struggling to meet a quota on a slow news week (do those exist anymore?) Need only do a bit of googling to find something to write about.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Squidder Bidder on October 03, 2023, 04:09:46 PM

One of the factors is that Florida has strong sunshine/public record laws which make police records more available to the Press and the public.
He beat me to it
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

I am thinking it`s a tourist .......  A Florida cracker would not have a life jacket on. Just saying
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

steelfish

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on October 03, 2023, 03:56:53 PMSteve, that's the guy from Swamp people lol!
I just happen to watch, every episode of Swamp people, and tons of his videos on the web and FB lol!

haha, well its says he didnt do it for youtube or likes, etc, but ... as soon as I saw that guy Zak all that mumbo-jumbo went to trash, all this was purely made for increase views and $$$.
The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

Should have know it was staged.

(Even though I never watch Swamp People)

Even Floridians aren't that stupid...

(My Dad lives in Florida-I was kidding)  :d

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: steelfish on October 03, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on October 03, 2023, 03:56:53 PMSteve, that's the guy from Swamp people lol!

haha, well its says he didnt do it for youtube or likes, etc, but ... as soon as I saw that guy Zak all that mumbo-jumbo went to trash, all this was purely made for increase views and $$$.

Well, if you go to YouTube, some of his videos, have like 30 million views lol!
Not saying that this didn't(couldn't) happen, but chances are, well you know lol!
I never really knew myself, till just recently, just how big the social media following is for him, big youTuber!

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: Crab Pot on October 04, 2023, 02:45:28 AMShould have know it was staged.

(Even though I never watch Swamp People)

Even Floridians aren't that stupid...

(My Dad lives in Florida-I was kidding)  :d

Don't know about in Florida, but there's plenty of crazies, that will do stuff up here like this in New Jersey lol!
I honestly thought, this thread was gonna be about a boat problem lol!

Shellbelly

"Man fishing from an inflatable toy gets dragged and shredded by a shark miles from shore.  Local Fishermen take advantage of chum line."
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Crab Pot

Quote from: Shellbelly on October 04, 2023, 09:18:43 PM"Man fishing from an inflatable toy gets dragged and shredded by a shark miles from shore.  Local Fishermen take advantage of chum line."

Love it!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.