“4827” spool

Started by Catching Nemo, October 06, 2023, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catching Nemo

Hi all. I acquired a 331 and a 330

A. Are the spools for these two reels interchangeable or the same?  I noticed that the 331 reel has a spool that is marked "330"

B.  A loose spool in the batch has "4827" labeled on it. See pics. What model DAM is the 4827 used for?

Thanks

foakes

Yes, the 330 & 331 spools are interchangeable. 

A 331 is the high speed 1:5 version of the 330 1:3 reel.

Just the gears are different.

Both are plastic spools.

By swapping the spool spindles around, one can also use a metal (aluminum) spool from a DQ 280/285 on these 330/331's.

I believe that "4827" spool is for a Shakespeare 2065 spinning reel, Nemo —-

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Is that weird---a Shakespeare spool fitting a DAM reel ?

Frank

Catching Nemo

Quote from: happyhooker on October 07, 2023, 12:05:57 AMIs that weird---a Shakespeare spool fitting a DAM reel ?

Frank

To clarify: I did not try to attach the loose spool to a DAM reel. Maybe it fits or maybe it does not.

The seller only called it a "spare spool" and I assumed that it was for the DAMs that he was selling to me. It didn't cross my mind at the time that the spool is for some other reel

Catching Nemo

Quote from: foakes on October 06, 2023, 10:20:45 PMYes, the 330 & 331 spools are interchangeable. 

A 331 is the high speed 1:5 version of the 330 1:3 reel.

Just the gears are different.

Both are plastic spools.

By swapping the spool spindles around, one can also use a metal (aluminum) spool from a DQ 280/285 on these 330/331's.

Best, Fred

Thanks Fred for the info. Very helpful

Midway Tommy

Quote from: foakes on October 06, 2023, 10:20:45 PMYes, the 330 & 331 spools are interchangeable. 

Best, Fred

The 4827 spool fits both the Shakespeare 2064 and 2065. They were the same reel, Shakespeare just changed their number during production.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

My bad; I did not read Fred's post as thoroughly as I should have; doing so now, I see that no one was claiming the Shaky spool would fit the DAM.

Frank