SEALINE 300. OLD GOLD VERSION

Started by kevin cozens, October 09, 2023, 11:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

Im thinking on getting anearly sealine 300 as a custom project. its the one in gold. Its a lovely looking reel but a little bit tatty although far from excessive.
My aim is to get the sides plated with gold chrome and if needed get the spool re-anodised.
Am i correct in believing this reel can be converted from left wind to right wind and vice versa.
I can ever remember seeing a multiplier reel with this feature.
This is the pic of the reel i got my eye on
PS: anyone know of the schematic for this reel

Swami805

I'd want to check it out in person before I'd buy it, looks kind of ragged.  That gap between the spool and side plate would give me pause without knowing why it's like that
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

It looks like the wrong spool in that reel , diameter and length .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

redsetta

Well-spotted Joe, something's definitely not lining up there!
The colour, material and flange shape appear correct, so perhaps the spool tension knob is just over-wound?
They were indeed left- or right-hand retrieve.
Chris did one a few years back here:
Hope it's of some service!
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kevin cozens

i have suspicions on the spool. i have contacted the seller for better pics and more details. the reel is only £30. i have also just looked again and my suspicions were correct about the spool. i aint got a clue why the gap is so large but i guess a wrong spool as the gap is way too much.
I dont think i will bother with it

oldmanjoe

In that picture , It looks like the beauty ring is backwards on the tail plate . Making the reel look weird .
 It may have potential .  Changing the dog location makes it left or right retrieve.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

The spool position knob on the handle side seems to be too far out. That would cause what we see here.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

nelz

Quote from: oldmanjoe on October 10, 2023, 12:27:49 PMIt looks like the beauty ring is backwards on the tail plate

I think you're right, looks like they have the bevel pointed into the sideplate instead of out towards the spool. Good catch.

redsetta

Agree, considering how it should look from Chris' pics, eg:

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

JasonGotaProblem

Yeah there's also that gap.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.