CUSTOM PENN HANDLE

Started by kevin cozens, October 13, 2023, 05:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

Does anyone know where i can get a gomexus tee handle to fit my old senator 115 9/0.
It dates back to around the 1950's
I can find one for the special senator but not my model.
What is the difference between the fitting on the special senator and the later models?
If the later model is smaller i could possibly file it to fit.
My intention with the reel is to give it a custom finish complete with carbon effect sides and mirror finish metal parts. all the parts except the handle will be hydro dipped. i might even do it in ''international'' gold
This is the type i want
https://gomexus.com/products/power-handle-for-penn-special-senator-113-114

JasonGotaProblem

The 115 takes a handle with a larger hole than the 113 or 114, H or otherwise.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

ourford

I don't get it. The link lists a handle for the 115. The regular Senator and the Special both use a 98-114 gear sleeve.
Vic

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: ourford on October 14, 2023, 10:31:55 AMI don't get it. The link lists a handle for the 115. The regular Senator and the Special both use a 98-114 gear sleeve.
He is correct i was mistaken.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

kevin cozens

Well i managed to get a gomexus handle. Dispite the site saying it wont fit my reel, it does indeed fit. Its the supplied nut that wont fit. it comes with a nut instead of a screw which is a shame. luckly enough i can still secure the original securing screw in place with the supplied locking screw. It looks and feels fantastic