Got it done finally

Started by jzumi, October 14, 2023, 04:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzumi

Most of my fishing buddies know that I have had on my bucket list to land a bluefin tuna on my boat.

After many futile attempts, it finally happened today.

About 25 miles outside of our home port of Bodega Bay in Northern California we hooked into a really nice fish.  The three of us managed to get her on the deck in about 15-20 minutes. She hit a Madmac about 600 feet out using a really short roller rod and an Avet 50wide 2 speed with funky blue braid borrowed from a friend who opted to work rather than fish today.

We've spent gobs of time talking with folks, watching videos, etc getting lots of advice on how to do this. We put it all together and it worked like a charm.

Now I can scratch it off my bucket list and I have plenty of tuna.  But it looks like Sunday is going to be another great day for bft fishing...

John

foakes

Great job, John —-

Your prep was key here.

Part of fishing is luck —- they greater part is Skill, Experience, Equipment, and Prepared Expectation.

Roger Penske stated his definition of "Luck".  It is when preparation meets opportunity.

We don't do things we aren't good at by nature..

Sunday should be another good day!

What is next on your bucket list?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

Nice fish!  Hope it goes well for you on Sunday
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

I love it when a plan comes together. Hope you got a big freezer.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Hope you saved those collars!

Nice fish!

I like it when locals do good!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jzumi

Thank you all.

Next on the list - Bigeye tuna, hopefully next summer!