All Star Rods

Started by hotajax, October 15, 2023, 04:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotajax

I have an 11' 9" spinning All Star.  It is 20 plus years old beat to hell.  But it's a great rod. " How does that old guy get out that far, and using spinning gear to boot? "  Does All Star make anything in that range any more? Got one you wanna sell me?   

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: hotajax on October 15, 2023, 04:13:02 PMI have an 11' 9" spinning All Star.  It is 20 plus years old beat to hell.  But it's a great rod. " How does that old guy get out that far, and using spinning gear to boot? "  Does All Star make anything in that range any more? Got one you wanna sell me?   
Unfortunately, my friend!
The All Star Rod Co. is no more!!!
These blanks were way ahead of their time, way ahead lol!
Every time I see one, I jump right on it!
Unless they're asking some idiotic price!
You'll be hard-pressed to find anybody want to sell you one, unless they truly have no need for it anymore!
Anyone, that knows these blanks, normally are in no rush to let them go!
I have all star break away surf rods, that will absolutely outcast, some of the top shelf blanks made today, if in the right hands!
The LDFS 11'9", is one of the more desirable blanks around, it's an absolutey, long distance, killer lol!
There's still plenty of them around, but anybody, that knows what they have, you're gonna pony up for them!
I wish you luck in your search, took me years to find my All Stars!
But, you never know, what can happen, with the Ohana here at A.T.

Cuttyhunker

If the blank is still serviceable get it rebuilt
Doomed from childhood

Midway Tommy

My son has a 6' one piece 6-12# All Star fast action fresh water spinning rod and hates it, it's now his loner. He says it's a dead dud compared to his St. Croixs. He was pretty disappointed since it was supposed to be a top quality piece of equipment.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Ron Jones

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 16, 2023, 06:03:30 PMMy son has a 6' one piece 6-12# All Star fast action fresh water spinning rod and hates it, it's now his loner. He says it's a dead dud compared to his St. Croixs. He was pretty disappointed since it was supposed to be a top quality piece of equipment.
All Star was bought by Shakespeare and sold relabeled  low rate rods to capitalize off the name. I'd bet your boy has one of those.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Crab Pot

I have a All Star rail rod, garage sale find, I love it.

It's my 40 kit now.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Ron Jones on October 16, 2023, 11:01:50 PM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 16, 2023, 06:03:30 PMMy son has a 6' one piece 6-12# All Star fast action fresh water spinning rod and hates it, it's now his loner. He says it's a dead dud compared to his St. Croixs. He was pretty disappointed since it was supposed to be a top quality piece of equipment.
All Star was bought by Shakespeare and sold relabeled  low rate rods to capitalize off the name. I'd bet your boy has one of those.
The Man

Nope, he bought it right after they first came out. He tried to trade me for one of my similar action St. Croixs that he liked so I tried it on one trip and I could see immediately why he didn't like it. There was no comparison in sensitivity compared to the ST. Croix. I actually gave him a bunch of crap for trying to pawn a piece of garbage off on me.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)