Cardinal 4 AR slider?

Started by jgp12000, October 16, 2023, 08:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

On my 71' Cardinal 4 moving the slider forward engages the AR, on my 77' forward disengages AR? Is something wrong or were they made like that? I have never touched the AR on either reel. It works fine, I just wondered why the difference.
JP

Midway Tommy

Got photos of both mechanisms to compare? Maybe the spring on one of them is installed incorrectly.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

jgp12000

Midway Tommy

Quote from: jgp12000 on October 16, 2023, 10:14:16 PMNo photos

Well then it's hard to make a determination and help you, James. The tutorial shows how the spring is to be installed and interacts with the dawg & button.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

jgp12000

Tom,
I just looked at your "Cardinal 4 Experience" post again and it appears the AR spring on my 77' is  installed correctly.

Catching Nemo

Quote from: jgp12000 on October 16, 2023, 08:32:23 PMOn my 71' Cardinal 4 moving the slider forward engages the AR, on my 77' forward disengages AR? Is something wrong or were they made like that? I have never touched the AR on either reel. It works fine, I just wondered why the difference.
JP

I have the same situation with some of my 4 reels. I believe that this is due to different configurations of the AR spring between the two reels. If you remove the side plates, you should be able to see their different springs