Penn jigmaster with Accuplates

Started by steelhead_killer, October 24, 2023, 01:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Good evening!  Here before me is a Penn Jigmaster conversion with accuplates.  Both spool bearings are toast.  However, all my sources say we no have that size bearing.  Height of the bearing is 4.0 mm, OD 9.5mm x 2.75 ID.  Anyone know an alternative supplier for bearings?  Boca and Smoothdrag both don't offer that size.  Thanks!

Andy/Users/andrewsmith/Desktop/IMG_6498.jpeg
><)))">

JasonGotaProblem

It's not metric. Try searching for 1/8 x 3/8 x 5/32 (ID x OD x depth is standard order of dimensions to describe a bearing) and you'll get better results.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

I have some, if you strike out finding them, PM your address and I'll drop them in the mail
Are you able to get the old ones out? They can be tough at times
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Hi Andy,

See that little dot in the center of the bearing?  That is a cone shape protrusion to keep the spool positioned in the bearing making it difficult to pull the bearing especially if you don't have a bearing puller like the one ReelSpeed made years ago.

If you can't get the out, send the caps to me and I'll pull them out and return the empty caps and a bearings to you. Let me know if this will work for you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Cortez_Conversions

Morning Andy,
I have replacement cups, bearings, and O-rings if you need them. Shoot me a PM.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on October 24, 2023, 12:10:35 PMMorning Andy,
I have replacement cups, bearings, and O-rings if you need them. Shoot me a PM.

Never thought about you Tom.  Will next time!
><)))">