Portable aerators

Started by Shellbelly, October 25, 2023, 02:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterStinky

I think it is a good idea to use a small net to get the bait out, particularly if you use sunscreen or insect repellant.

That setup that excessiveangler posted would be pretty ideal depending on how well it sprays. I have a similar livewell but also have it setup so I can use in my boat and pump fresh saltwater with a valved outflow at the top.

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: MisterStinky on October 26, 2023, 12:14:02 AMI think it is a good idea to use a small net to get the bait out, particularly if you use sunscreen or insect repellant.

That setup that excessiveangler posted would be pretty ideal depending on how well it sprays. I have a similar livewell but also have it setup so I can use in my boat and pump fresh saltwater with a valved outflow at the top.
That's basically, what that is and was set up for, just a little different than others!
No idea if it was handmade or not?
But, I did see that bilge pump(aerator)as I said earlier on clearance at West Marine
I just knew, I should've grabbed a couple of them, been thinking about tanking some bait for a while now!
Just checked online, don't see them anymore!

Shellbelly

Good!  Lots of ideas here.  What I have in mind is a round container about a foot tall and maybe 2 feet wide.  That size shouldn't fall over.  A round floating disc inside should help keep the sloshing down.  I kind of want to build one (just because), but I like what's for sale, too.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

Do they have round ice packs? Dual purpose.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MisterStinky

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on October 26, 2023, 01:58:41 AMDo they have round ice packs? Dual purpose.

A kid's blow up ring filled with water?

Shellbelly

A friend of mine had like a 30-gallon he carried in the truck bed.  It came with a thin plastic disc almost as wide as the ID.  It had a hole in the middle and floated on top to keep the water pretty still so it wouldn't blow the lid off.  8 lbs/gal can throw some pressure around.  He got in a soft spot and had to gas it.  The container slid into the tailgate and split.  Fish and crabs went all over the bed. Surf fishing can be fun.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

jurelometer

I like the jumbo insulated water cooler with a spigot. With a drain hose, it will be easy to refresh or empty.  With a lid, the smaller the air pocket, the less sloshing when moving around. Maybe something to extend the lid downward to allow you to minimize the air pocket, but still not have to fill close to the brim.

There is an article about a former aviation engineer who designed a bait tank for his boat (also his own design).  He designed a "pressurized" lidded live bait tank with virtually no air pocket to eliminate any sloshing in his small boat.  If I can find it again, I will post it.

-J

oldmanjoe

If you are looking for simple , a 2 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon paint pail with pop up spout screw top, top off with water makes it anti slosh .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare