6500SS Handle

Started by CaptKrunch, October 31, 2023, 11:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptKrunch

A gentleman brought me a 6500SS that had the handle broken. It is one of the earlier ones.

Mystic is showing them as discontinued and their new style for it is out of stock.

Would anyone happen to have one they are willing to part with? The guy said he would like to keep it as the release is in good shape otherwise.
Sometimes  you are the reason for the safety meeting and somedays you are the only one they call to do the dumbs**t

foakes

I should have some that will work, Captain —-

Problem is, I don't have a 6500SS to do a fitment test with.

Many of these cranks will interchange.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

CaptKrunch

FOAKES,

this one is one of them that the handle is held on with the set screw if that helps.

Thirhammer,

Standing by
Sometimes  you are the reason for the safety meeting and somedays you are the only one they call to do the dumbs**t

Shark Hunter

I think the 6500 is different than the other spinfishers.
Mainly the Collar and pivot.
Life is Good!

foakes

I went to my Penn pullout drawers and matched up a 650 crank with the pivot set screw and the crank axle connection.

This will be an upgrade over what he has since the knob is a higher quality.

The black is new, the chrome is used but appears nearly new.

$15 on the new, $12 on the used + $7 shipping in lower 48.

If you need the collar, O-ring, pivot screw, or connector axle —- just let me know.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

CaptKrunch

Matching what he had, I will go with the black handle. Should only need what you have showing.

Email or pm me reference payment and shipping.

Thanks alot.

Chris

foakes

Quote from: CaptKrunch on November 01, 2023, 10:32:31 PMMatching what he had, I will go with the black handle. Should only need what you have showing.

Email or pm me reference payment and shipping.

Thanks alot.

Chris

—————————————————————

PM me Chris —- with your full mailing information.

I will include payment info in the mailer.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.