Thanks

Started by pointbob, November 02, 2023, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

Thanks
Patience comes to those who wait

Reeltyme

In my opinion I think that's a bit generous. You will probably need to get it serviced, new drags and you don't know what the spool looks like as far as possible salt intrusion. I would be more comfortable around $75 to $80 with the anticipated work to be done. Just my opinion.

ExcessiveAngler

Tekota reels, aren't really anything special are they?
What's the silver one I like? Oh, I think it's the Torium?  And definitely like the gold Trinidad's!
Does the rod come with it? and if so, what kind a rod is it?
Sometimes the icing is on the rod lol!
But I see those go for about $100 up here in NJ, was looking at some Toriums yesterday, I think they were on star rods for about hundred bucks apiece and in beautiful condition on FB m-place!
I always search a bunch of places first, as I have excessive compulsion problems lol!
Sometimes you can find the same thing brand new online, for the same price used!

Swami805

There's 3 pages of completed listings on eBay, worth a look to determine value. If it's in good shape $150 is about right
Do what you can with that you have where you are

boon

That thing looks beat. The handle knob looks pretty much trashed. The wear on the freespool lever and spool adjuster is suspect. I bet that left side plate is a mess.

Considering I've seen them for the equivalent of $170USD new, I think $150 for a beat old one is beyond generous. I'd drop the 1 off the front as a starting point and go from there.