RYOBI MODEL IDENTIFICATION

Started by kevin cozens, November 09, 2023, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin cozens

I have just purchased a Ryobi multiplier reel as well as a Daiwa Sealine SL175H for a total price of £25.
The Daiwa is no problem. its the Ryobi.
I dont know what model it is as the decals have all rubbed off over the years. i can just make out where it says Ryobi.
It is a small reel about the same size as an Abu 6500 but it has no braking system. The body is all graphite.
It also has a backwind feature like the Penn super mariner 49.
I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me what model it is and also where i can find a schematic for it

kevin cozens

GOT IT. After a good soak in the ultrasonic the reel revealed its identity.
Its a SL220.
NOTE:
Its having the plain bush on the spool spindle converted to ball bearing
and the clutch will benefit from a set of carbontex drag washers

ExcessiveAngler

I'll have to admit, you seem to come up with some pretty banged up reels lol!
Had a few Japanese Ryobi V mags when I was much younger in my early teens!
I should still have one here somewhere!
That little sucker, can cast like a rocket!
Got a pretty decent size box of Ryobi parts here, that are super old. I really need to go through them, hopefully over the winter.

kevin cozens

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on November 10, 2023, 12:35:18 AMI'll have to admit, you seem to come up with some pretty banged up reels lol!
Had a few Japanese Ryobi V mags when I was much younger in my early teens!
I should still have one here somewhere!
That little sucker, can cast like a rocket!
Got a pretty decent size box of Ryobi parts here, that are super old. I really need to go through them, hopefully over the winter.
i wouldnt call it banged up. i have seen a lot worse. the insides are in VGC and just require servicing.
You need to sort out the Ryobi parts. you dont see many parts for them these days

boon

Was the whole reel covered in some sort of grease/gunk/tar? Amazing that none of the writing was legible before cleaning.