Fishing with Ken 1-10

Started by gstours, November 13, 2023, 02:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Attached is the start of a serial of video clips that feature my fishing partner/neighbor guy Ken.
   As you will see he enjoyed fishing, his boat, and life.  Sadly Cancer took his life away from him way to early.  So this is my contribution to this forum,  a collection of video that some of you might find interesting.   As you may know its very amaturish, butt it tells a story here about our many adventures.

1---      15 min.   Ken on his boat the Sea Star, jigs up a big #### halibut using his favorite Kodiak jig.  We decide to release it.  Always fun with Ken.

2---       7+ min.   Similar to above clip where Ken hooks another large fish and I,m lucky enough to capture some footage.  As a Cancer patient his body did not have the strength he once had.   Here the sitting down to fight the fish is evident.

3----     9 min.    A nice sunny day on the Sea Star with some of Kens friends fishing for halibut,  anchored in about 140 feet of tidewater.   

4----     1.2 min.   The end result of the above clip showing the friends and their catch.   They had a lot of fun.   Many good meals were planned.

5----    16 min.   Fishing for halibut on the Sea Star with Ken and some of his friends finding some fish.   Anchored and using bait rigs on the bottom and jigging as well to see what happens.   Always something will happen.

6----    8 min.   Another edition of the similar day with Ken and friends,  a Penn Fathom 25n is tested here and it seemed to work,  line capacity was a concern as the jig was worked waay back in the current,  then a fish gobbled.   Fun always.

7---    13min.   Fishing halibut on my boat with Ken anchored.
Bait rigs and heavy leads are the ticket for having a relaxing time of sit and wait.
  We find a fish on the line eventually,   using a Tiagra 16 reel and a Calstar GST rod the fish is brought up,  and released back to the seafloor to do its thing.    Fun indeed.

8----    4.4 min.   A fun clip showing the new harpoon Ken obtained in a horsetrade,  and the Cedros rod of mine before it went into the bastardization of being now a spiral wrap.   History being made for you.   The boat here is the Maiko , a modified Workskiff,  another work of mine.   Another fun day fishing with a friend.

9----    12 seconds.    As we found some fish early in the day it became apparent we would be blown out of our fishing spot.  He waves kept building the the boat was catching fish.  Thee outflow of the tide kept the Maiko strait until we got what we wanted,  to have a fun day on the water!!!    Ken shows you his catch.    Short.

10----    3 min.   Fishing halibut in the rain on the Maiko.  Another good eating size fish was caught by my friend Ken.    Always fun.

David Hall

This is gonna take me awhile to enjoy. Fantastic content, I'll be back.  :d

jurelometer

lots of good memories being made right there!

Brewcrafter

Wow!  Lot of teamwork on those big fish, and some epic battles.  After seeing how big some of those monsters get I almost would have been afraid to fish the old Pro-Gear in one of the last clips, but you got it done! - john

gstours

Thanks for the positive vibes...  I,m crawling back to be what i likes about this forum,  its a family type of folks that make this a good place to share experiences and information.  KUDOS ALAN.
  Tomorrow you might look for part two:  video of our alaskan adventures fishing with Ken.

Gobi King

Gary,

Good time on the water, good fishing and great memories, keep em coming no butts about it!

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Bryan Young

Awesome memories that you have captured Gary. I wish I was more tech savvy to have recorded my fishing moments with the people that I love to fish with for mine and their remembrance as you have done. Thank you for sharing your fishing adventures with Ken. Amazing times they were.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Thanks for your words of your feelings Brian.    As i look back, just like you,  it took only a little bit of effort and actually no cost,  Butt when you got what you got, you got what you got.   Sounds dumb but we cannot go back as you have said.......
  Many times ive fished with friends and tried to film or have guests film some when it was them or nobody filming and thought i was selfish or overbearing in my desires.   Sometimes appreciation is given after sharing and the passage of time.   Hence you got what you got.....   I still enjoying learning about what I do and dont mind sharing with you all...........gst. :fish