New to this board

Started by Bill B, March 09, 2012, 03:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Good evening to all, just joined this board today.

I've been reading as a guest for awhile and really enjoy the the friendly atmosphere from all.

Currently living in Corona, CA, been fishing many places from the Smith River, Sac. Delta (used to camp with the folks at Wimpy's outside of Walnut Grove), Bishop trout streams, CISCOS in the '80's, and have been taking the three boys on 1/2 and 3/4 day boats where they'll tell you "I caught more than dad today".

Must make a yearly trip to Brawley, CA in Sept for thr dove opener, with the boys of course, and caught tilapia on the Salton Sea and turtles on the Alamo River outside of Calpatria, CA.

When given the choice, Mitchell spinners and an old Penn are my choice.  Look forward to meeting and getting to know you all.

And thanks to Alan, learned a lot from your posts, you've done a great thing for all of us.

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

Welcome Bill.   Glad to have ya.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Welcome.   You're in Accurate territory!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

aloha bill thanks for joining us

Irish Jigger

A warm welcome to you Bill.

UK Ron

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

What up Bill???   
Welcome neighbor, Im right up the hill in Hesperia!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

G'day and welcome Bill.
QuoteMitchell spinners and an old Penn are my choice...
You're among friends.  ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Makule

Aloha.

QuoteMitchell spinners
Do you mean the really old Mitchells?  How about you post some images?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bill B

Sorry no pics of the Mitchells, but they were the 300's and the 308's.  But I do have pics of an old Rolls Engineering Co. Model 300, made in Los Angeles, Ca.  About he same size as a Penn 113.  My dad said he bought it from an old guy at Santa Monica Pier in the '50's, attached to a Harnell rod that was "built like a 2x4".  Will try to attach some pics.

If they don't make it, I'll keep trying...maybe have to get the teenager to help me.

If anyone has anything on the old Rolls, i would appreciate any input.

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

the avatar is going to take a little getting used to.  reminds me of my grandfather.......   ;D

wallacewt

looks like wallacewt when i spent 6hours with marko in jakarta pub recently.bucket of guinness(6 per bucket)2nd bucket free.4pm/10.30pm.nice fellar,took day off work,met me at the airport,shopping,played pool,middle cue used to hit middle ball.didnt wake till 9.30am next day.and alls well.