History of Dam Quick Stationary Reels

Started by Fishgolfman, November 19, 2023, 01:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Another flea market find!! They both rotate well but need cosmetic parts. Hopefully Fred has parts. The knob i could fabricate from wooden dowels but need hardware in one of them.

foakes

No problem, Steve —-

I have (2) large, organized crates of Standard & S.W. 68 parts.

Will be working on reels and sending out reels and parts Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday.

I will put a couple of new knobs and hardware in there for you.

The reels should be correct.

They are built like Panzer's.  The reinforcement points, materials, frame, rotor, and tolerances are unbelievable when you get into these.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Fishgolfman

Always dependable with dam quick parts. A tank it is. Internally clean!! The main gear is unbelievable. Excited to fish one next season and have a spare.

foakes

I'll send your stuff tomorrow, Steve —-

Do you need any bail springs for the Standards?

They take (2) that are opposite wound.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Fishgolfman

Never hurts to have extra pair if springs   Thanks