Converting a Daiwa e-Reel to English

Started by Keta, November 19, 2023, 04:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Does anyone know if an a Daiwa Tanacom Bull 750 be converted to English?  If so what needs to be changed?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Don't know if it can be changed. Might be easier to find a Japanese person to teach you what the characters mean. And when I say Japanese person, I'm not talking about myself or Alan Tani😁😂🤣😂
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

jtwill98

Their English version documentation doesn't mention being able to change languages. 

Best bet, is to contact Daiwa directly and see if the reel can be sent in and re-programmed in English or if they have an English control board that can be swapped.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2023, 04:02:52 PMDoes anyone know if an a Daiwa Tanacom Bull 750 be converted to English?  If so what needs to be changed?

Now that's sure an interesting conundrum.  ^-^ My solution would be to have bought the American version. ;)   ;D 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

It was a gift from a friend that moved far away from saltwater.

I powered it up and it is not that hard to program, real easy if you just want to go up and down.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

jzman

If you can find a pdf or document file of the manual, then google translate can roughly translate the whole manual for you.  Another option is to take a picture of the page that you want translated and upload the image to google translate.  Thats how I figured out how to use my shimano plemio :) .

Keta

English manuals are available for the Japanese reels.

Mark Twain

David Hall

I got the American version of a JDM only, the reel has a dozen or more functions.  I only use one of the buttons, on the lower left side and it re sets the surface stop function. 

jzman

Oh I misread the question.  Converting the menu on the reel itself would probably involve some reverse engineering.

If the US version tanacom 750 screen/control board part was available for sale at a cheap price, then I would be willing to bet it would be a direct fit.