cals&inox mx6

Started by wallacewt, March 09, 2012, 07:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

its 40deg c TODAY,ive been in my tin toolshed.45deg+.
last year in the heat cals grease seperated and inox didnt.(tube)
so i bought a tub of inox
today both cals & inox seperated.
if they are both suppose to stand extreme heat why seperate at 40deg c
why is it so?

paal

I can read 0 deg C, and we've got rain and wind. The snow has turned into slush. I'm just recovering from an influenza. But at least my jar of Cal's won't separate.....   ;)

Killerbug

Quote from: wallacewt on March 09, 2012, 07:09:39 AM
its 40deg c TODAY,ive been in my tin toolshed.45deg+.
last year in the heat cals grease seperated and inox didnt.(tube)
so i bought a tub of inox
today both cals & inox seperated.
if they are both suppose to stand extreme heat why seperate at 40deg c
why is it so?

Keep the can well closed, when heated, a grease generally becomes softer and flows more readily. At elevated temperatures, oxidation is more rapid, oil separation ("bleeding") increases and the grease's base oil will evaporate significantly.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

wallacewt

INOXicated

I have tubs of mx6 sitting in the shop and the garage. We had 2' of snow last week and I know the shop gets 100 plus in the summer. After reading your post I went and opened up a 375g tub it looks fine. There is very small oily ring around the edge ( Just enough to wet the end of a q-tip) which is the PTFE which bleeds out due to the high amount of PTFE and the quantity in the tub.  The tub I open had been sitting almost 2 years and was new. Mx6 has temperature of -30C to an extremely high temp (Has No Melting Point). If I knew how to post a pick of the tub I would. Suppose that is something I should learn? Mx6 is made with polyalphaolefins and special bentone thickener. With this in mind it is essential that it is not mixed with other greases. Mx6 also contain additives that protect against corrosion and oxidation. FDA approved
Senior Account Rep. Amazing Products LLC.
www.Apdistribution.com
www.grip-n-hook.com

wallacewt

i should have taken a photo.have to wait until next year and see if it happens again.cheers

Jimmer

What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann