Daiwa Sealine-X SHA reels, stock drag washer question

Started by fishmeluck, November 26, 2023, 10:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishmeluck

Does anyone know what kind of drag washers the new Sealine-X SHA line of reels come with these days?

I upgraded my X30SHA and X50SHA reels from cloth to carbon fiber washers many years ago, and I'm selling them now. If the new ones come with stock carbon fiber washers then my upgrade really isn't an upgrade, and I haven't found the answer online yet.
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

alantani

i haven't opened one up in a long time.  i suspect that they are still felt.  immensely unhelpful, i know.  daiwa will be open tomorrow for a phone call.  they would know. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fishmeluck

Thanks Alan. I'll do that. I happen to have a reel at their service center and need to check up on it as well.
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

fishmeluck

12/6/23: Diawa told me that new Sealine-X SHA reels still ship with felt drag washers.

steelfish

Quote from: fishmeluck on December 07, 2023, 10:37:22 AM12/6/23: Diawa told me that new Sealine-X SHA reels still ship with felt drag washers.

pretty sure 90% of weekend warrior fishermen that have those reels use them with the stock drag washers with no problema, for us the reel junkie guys its a sin !!  ???  ???
The Baja Guy

alantani

felt will eventually get sticky.  they should be replaced.  smoothdrag.com has the drags you need.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Barishi

If you buy off amazon the felt drags come heavily degraded. I would estimate they pulled like 2 pounds of drag at first... If it's worth consideration the Seagate ships with CF drags and is 10 dollars more.

20220508_175729.jpg.8e8db0386a2d7968688960886d6f534e.jpg