Couple of noob questions

Started by Mikestoys71, November 27, 2023, 02:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikestoys71

Does Abu make a dual bearing cog wheel? Are they worth it? Is Lucas reel oil any good?
Part #'s or suppliers would help me. Thanks so much!! 😊

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

for oil, i just use corrosion x as an all purpose oil and TSI 321 for spool bearings only. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tincanary

Instead of getting the double bearing cog, polish the cog wheel stud instead with a Dremel and some Simichrome.  Clean up the residue and put a small drop of TSI before installing the cog wheel.  You'll get nearly the same performance for the cost of a little elbow grease.  ABU does make this part OEM but it can only be had via Pure Fishing Japan as it's used in their factory tuned 4500-6500 reels.

Mikestoys71

Is there anywhere to look up part numbers and get a description of it? I/E sizes?

Donnyboat

I think the bearings are 4x10x4, ceramic are the best, lube only slows down the bearing, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

JasonGotaProblem

Bearings are 3x10x4 in the reels that have fixed spool shafts. Reels with the ultra cast spools take 4x10x4.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

ExcessiveAngler

I always measure the axle/spindle of the reel, I'm going to order bearings for.
Some of the old fixed spool Abu's, also take the odd 3 x 10 x 3.2 bearing. Just ask me, how I know lol!  I've only encountered one of these so far, but was enough to make me want to rip my hair out lol!
That particular Abu, was a very old, black left-handed 6000 series. I built that reel and gave it to a good friend on another forum