Looking For Early Garcia Ambasadeur 5500C Schematic

Started by Walleye Guy, November 27, 2023, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye Guy

Hello, does anyone out there have an early Garcia Ambasadeur 5500C schematic?  The earliest one I could find was the 79-08-04 unit listed on Mike's Reel Repair.  Thanks in advance. 

foakes

Hi Matt —-

Not sure if this will help, or not.

I likely have some older ones in the old hard copy factory service manuals —- but here is one that appears to perhaps
3 years older.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jtwill98

If what Fred sent wasn't correct check out the 5000C schematics at https://www.reeldr.com/home/abu-garcia/

Keta

Schematic 79-08-04 is the earliest they have for a 5500C on the ABU website.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Like many of us who have been in a different profession for a long time —- we do pick up a few tricks.

For me, being in the car business for over 50 years —-

I have kept my old Shop Manuals —- after threatening to toss them out a half dozen times because nearly everything is on the Internet. 

But there is something to be said about an easily accessible flip/swivel shop manual organizer.  Here is one I made many decades ago —- and still use occasionally.

I do have probably enough manuals to fill up about (3) of these.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

jtwill98

Not sure if it helps, but there are a couple of 5500s (75-11-00-brown & 78-11-01) earlier than 5500C 79-08-04 at this site: https://planetseafishing.com/reel-schematics/abu-models/abu-multiplier/abu-ambassadeur/abu-5000-series/

The earliest 5500C they list is the 79-08-04.

Walleye Guy

Quote from: foakes on November 27, 2023, 09:41:43 PMHi Matt —-

I likely have some older ones in the old hard copy factory service manuals —- but here is one that appears to perhaps
3 years older.

Best, Fred

Thank-you Fred but that's a 5000C...I'm looking for a 5500C.  I also keep all my old car manuals PLUS I have all of myh dad's old manuals dating back to the 40's and 50's.  : )

Walleye Guy

Quote from: jtwill98 on November 28, 2023, 02:10:43 AMNot sure if it helps, but there are a couple of 5500s (75-11-00-brown & 78-11-01) earlier than 5500C 79-08-04 at this site: https://planetseafishing.com/reel-schematics/abu-models/abu-multiplier/abu-ambassadeur/abu-5000-series/

The earliest 5500C they list is the 79-08-04.

I don't think the 5500 schematic will help but I'll check them out.  Thanks!

pointbob

Patience comes to those who wait

Keta

I got a 6500C in the mid '70s so I would guess around the same time.

Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

Ok so the 5500C came out after the 5000C and also after the 5000(no C). So by my understanding it wouldn't predate the 5000C manual.

Is it specifically the first 5500C manual you're looking for?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Walleye Guy

I'm rebuilding a set of five for Christmas gifts for my father and brothers (and one for me).  The earliest is 1973, two are 1976 and two are 1977.  There are some differences in the handles and spool caps so I was trying to get accurate parts diagrams to include with the reels.  There may be other differences too that I am not aware of yet.

Walleye Guy

3 years older.

Best, Fred

Fred, judging by the binders in that picture you just might have one in the "old hard copy" format.  I searched various websites and the earliest one I could find is 79-08-04.  If I strike out here then my next step is to peruse Ebay for a 5500C instruction booklet that shipped with the reel because some of these included schematics.

foakes

Quote from: Walleye Guy on November 29, 2023, 12:28:32 PM

3 years older.

Best, Fred

Fred, judging by the binders in that picture you just might have one in the "old hard copy" format.  I searched various websites and the earliest one I could find is 79-08-04.  If I strike out here then my next step is to peruse Ebay for a 5500C instruction booklet that shipped with the reel because some of these included schematics.

Shipping reels today —- I will check in between packing boxes.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.