OHANA WEST PORT ALBACORE!!!

Started by Ron Jones, November 30, 2023, 03:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Finally,
I have some time to put this post together. Our man Ted (Maxed Out) has been fishing the Tornado for albacore and all other sorts of tasty denizens for years. I have had the pleasure of fishing albacore off the boat for the last two years. This year, and every year going forward hopefully, we have reserved the boat for Sep 23-25.
The Tornado is THE boat to fish in West Port, Capt Dwight is tops. Fantastic live bait (anchovies,) and plenty of space for 10 fishers. It is NOT the Spirit of Adventure. You bring your own food, and water (or other beverages,) and common berthing. I call it camping 100 miles from shore (way better than any submarine!)

The price is $825.00 per person. With a 20% tip and $100 for fish processing it rounds out to $1050.00 per head. I will collect the funds, $500.00 by 1 Feb and balance due 1 May 2024. I'll maintain a stand-by list here.

The boat has live bait gear (Shimano rods and single speed Accurate Boss single speeds,) but is happy for you to bring your own. For jigs, I have had luck with Salas 6x yo-yo and any small surface iron on 30# gear (typical 7-8ft jig stick.) Live bait is 20# fly line with #4 or 2 ringed circle hooks. Catching a 25+ pound albacore on 20# mono is quite the fishing experience...

I have a room in Ocean Shores (50 minutes away) for Sunday through Thursday to help out with travel. West Port is a couple hours from SeaTac (the airport,) we'll sort out transportation once anyone flying has their data. The boat leaves the dock at 7PM Monday, we steam out all night 70-100 miles out while we are asleep. Trolling jigs go out at first light, and we fish all day Tuesday until sun down. If there is room in the hold, we'll fish Wed until 10 in the morning or so and then get back home Wed afternoon. If we plug the boat, we come in early.
Its as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

1.   Steve
2.   Wayne Deutscher
3.   Juan Lazama
4.   Ryan Wood
5.   XXX
6.   Nick Poppen
7.     Wayne's friend Jim
8.   Mike McGhee
9.   The PROFESSOR!
10.   Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

it's going to be too close to the SOA trips, so i won't be able to make it.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

RON!!!

I'M IN!!!  Book me for this Sept. 23 - 25, 2024 Trip.

For those of you wanting to RECON this trip, here is the website:

https://tornadowestport.com/       -  Quality Husband & Wife Team run this boat.  He is the skipper, she is the Admin.

Are you open to opening this trip to non- AT.com members???

Huge Tomato growing contractor buddy of mine, Jim, is thinking about going.

let me know if I can give him the GREEN LIGHT.

THIS TRIP WILL BE EPIC!!!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Ron Jones

Absolutely!
Any friend of yours is a friend of ours! (isn't that how the line goes?)
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

This should be a fun and productive trip, I wish I could make it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

El Pescador

Ron,

Just spoke with a LONG TIME Friend, Jim McManis, please put him on our list.  He's going too!!!!!

Wayne

mikeysm

Ron put me on the list.

Mike McGhee

scrinch

Ron, this sounds like a fun time. Put me on the list if there's still room.

Ron Jones

Quote from: mikeysm on November 30, 2023, 05:22:02 PMRon put me on the list.

Mike McGhee
Will be a lot of fun, glad to have you!
Ronald Jones
"

Ron Jones

Quote from: scrinch on November 30, 2023, 05:53:12 PMRon, this sounds like a fun time. Put me on the list if there's still room.
Wouldn't be a trip without THE PROFESSOR!!

I'LL BRING YOUR GLOVES!!

The Man
Ronald Jones
"

Maxed Out

Sadly, I'll hafta step away from this trip. Wife will be outta town, so I'll be home babysitting. Hope someone can fill my slot
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crab Pot

Chief,

I'd like to be put on the standby list

Or am I the tenth now that Ted can't go?

Love Me Some Longfin!

Thanks,

Steve

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

El Pescador

Amazing!!!!!

IN LESS THAN 24 Hours since Ron posted this Charter Trip -  we have filled a 10-person roster.

That might be a record!!!!!

Boyz, this will be an EPIC TRIP!!!!!

Ted, please make yourself available to give us a Master Class lesson in Smoking & canning Albacore tuna.  You are the Regional Expert for sure.

Sept. 23, 2024 Kids!!!!!!  Let's start the planning ...

Wayne

Ron Jones

Your in Steve!
Can't wait to get on the water.
The Man
Ronald Jones
"

Bryan Young

Sounds like an awesome trip. Would love to have a loin or two of fresh Albacore for my family and me. Haven't had fresh albacore in years.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D