Penn 113MTL

Started by intili, March 09, 2012, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intili

To All Expert Penn Guys....
I am wondering if anyone out there has been using the 113MTL for trolling or bottom fishing. I bought one and have left it virgin due to its low production rate and possible collectors value, but am wanting to load it with 80#braid and use it for shark fishing off NJ, thoughts or comments?

Squirmypug

Use it, just grease well and take care of it. You can keep reels looking like new for a long time and that will help it sell later if you want to get rid of it.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Tile

Give it the full Tani treatment and take good care of it because it has the potential to become a collector item and it will last you many years.
In solid fiberglass we trust

akfish

They are great reels albeit a bit heavy. Quite a few are used for halibut up here in Alaska, fished with straight 80# braid. It's discontinuance was another signal -- along with the Baja Special -- that Penn was going down hill. Penn originally planned to bring out a 114MTL as well. If you can find one of those, you'll have a true collector's item.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska