Newell 344-5

Started by Sunshine475, December 02, 2023, 12:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine475

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for (2) reel seats for sale. I have red reels but at this point I don't care the color. Any leads I can try will be a huge help.

Swami805

Do you mean the base of the reel or the clamp that screws onto it?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

I likely have it. Let me pull my 344 so I can get the width.  Are you looking for Graphite, aluminum, or composite with stamped SS?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Sunshine475

Sorry for the confusion I'm looking for the base.

Sunshine475

Hope this helps as well

Swami805

No luck here, I have 338 size. But not that one. Pretty common failure on the red newells, I have a couple red 332 bases with cracks in the screw holes, don't know if it's the material or just sloppy injection or both.

Sunshine475

Thanks for looking, I seen a few reels with aluminum parts do you know who makes them ?

Swami805

Cortez conversions makes one that 2.75 inches in aluminum. He's on here with n the for sale section. Has some other Newell parts too. I think they're in the Penn parts but they fit Newells

Bryan Young

Let me take a look tomorrow.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

I have several bases, all graphite. See photo.

Sent you a PM as well.