If You Can Spare $150 — You Won’t be Sorry!

Started by foakes, December 05, 2023, 04:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

If you are tired of continuing to buy batteries, and pay for  repairs that cost more than the tool to fix —- and haven't checked out the Ridgid line of 18V tools at Home Depot —- this might be a way to get started...CHEAPLY!

Like many of you, I have been around tools for most of my life, know how to use them effectively, depend on quality equipment, and appreciate value.

I have been steadily replacing a majority of my battery & corded tools with Ridgid tools from Home Depot.

A little at a time.

Tools are guaranteed for life —- provided you register them within 90 days.  THIS INCLUDES BATTERIES!

The quality and function are at the top of the spectrum —- no shortcuts in operation or materials.

Already had the two drills —- 1/2" & impact.  But could not pass up the opportunity to have another set with (2) batteries, a charger, and a case —- for $99.  Now I will have (1) type of tools —- that all use the same batteries and charger.

Now, for the tire inflator —-

$49!

And it is top rated by Pros for tires up to large SUV, truck, and RV's.

It is so small and convenient.  Again, just uses 18V Ridgid batteries or an adapter.  This is the tool only —- but you are getting (2) 2.0A 18V batteries with the drill set.

Just preset the dial control to the desired air pressure —- it stops automatically at that number.

We are all buying stuff for our family, friends, relatives, co-workers, bosses —- might be time to treat ourselves for a small expense that will last a lifetime.

Free shipping also.

And, pretty soon I'll have a large set of DeWalt tools to get rid of.

I do not work for Home Depot —- but want to share something of value with our membership.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Plus, forgot to mention —-

Delivery time from HD Warehouse in LA, was just under 25 hours to our door via UPS —- and that was no cost, free.

We live in a remote area of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.

No gas, no hassle, total was $158 with sales tax.

I didn't even have time to track the package before it hit our deck.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

Fred!

What am I to do with all the MONEY you SAVE ME!!!!!

of course, buy more reels and send them to you for your once-over!!!!!!

I think Home Depot works hard for customer's business, and their lifetime replacement is proof of that.

Merry Christmas to you and Sue!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gfish

Cool! How high will the inflator go? I need 80 psi. And can you charge it up and take it with you?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Quote from: Gfish on December 06, 2023, 12:50:03 AMCool! How high will the inflator go? I need 80 psi. And can you charge it up and take it with you?

150 psi, Greg.

Yes, either you charge up the battery —- or it also includes a 12V cigarette adapter cord, plus other inflation attachments.

Best,Fred

--------

Fred O.

reelynew

Thank you for the post Fred,

I have been looking for a set just like this and almost bought the Brushless 20V from Dewalt for $149.  The Ridgid has more torque too. 

Am curious.  Have you tried removing any lug nuts with the impact driver yet? 

Matt
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

Keta

Wow!!! 

Batteries are like ink cartridges, the tool or printer is break even and they make bank on the batteries and ink cartridges.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Quote from: reelynew on December 06, 2023, 01:46:27 AMThank you for the post Fred,

I have been looking for a set just like this and almost bought the Brushless 20V from Dewalt for $149.  The Ridgid has more torque too. 

Matt
I don`t think you are going to remove lug nuts with this impact driver .  It is a 1/4 inch drive set , You need to step up to 1/2 inch drive .
https://www.homedepot.com/compare?item1=325264378&item2=320283450
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Quote from: reelynew on December 06, 2023, 01:46:27 AMThank you for the post Fred,

Matt

I like the DeWalt 18V tools —- have around 10 of them including one 1/2" drill I paid nearly $300 for 20 years ago.  Got tired of going to use them —- and the battery was either dead, or it would not take a charge.

Never had that issue with the Ridgids.  And a set of (2) batteries for a DeWalt is around $150.

Never tried the impact on lug nuts, Matt.  But it works quite well on other things.  But a 1/2" driver will work much better —- not a 1/4".

I have impacts both electric, air, and 18V.

Having been around the car business & trailer business for the best part of 50 years, I would never use an impact on lug nuts.

It will ruin the lug nut if too tight, strip threads, or other issues.  Sort of like using a power line winder for spinning reel spools.  I use power line metering winders for conventional reels under back pressure —- but never on spinning reels.

I always use an old fashioned folding "X" lug wrench —- then a torque wrench for the final tight.  No issues that way.  And I check all of my trailers, boats, vehicles, etc. —- twice a year.

I do have multiple charging stations and 10 Ridgid batteries in sizes 2, 4,& 6.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

reelynew

Thank you Fred and Joe.

I appreciate your thoughts and advice,

Matt
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

oldmanjoe

I was just looking to see what was available for ridgid batteries adapters for Ryobi and Dewalt tools .
If Ridgid batterys are life time , this may be a option for tools that you already own . There looks like they make a few variation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0949QCQYY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3E1MKMLY6VVP0&psc=1

amazon.com/X-Adapter-Advanced-Cordless-Batteries-DW-LQ/dp/B095KRQ61J/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=678205719530&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012091&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvran
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 06, 2023, 06:35:30 PMI was just looking to see what was available for ridgid batteries adapters for Ryobi and Dewalt tools .
If Ridgid batterys are life time , this may be a option for tools that you already own . There looks like they make a few variation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0949QCQYY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3E1MKMLY6VVP0&psc=1

amazon.com/X-Adapter-Advanced-Cordless-Batteries-DW-LQ/dp/B095KRQ61J/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=678205719530&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012091&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvran

I didn't know they made those, Joe!

Thanks for sharing!

Will check them out.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

MarkT

For car lug nuts look at a 1/2" medium torque impact wrench, not a driver. Drivers are for screws.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

oldmanjoe

They make all kinds of adapters for battery combination .   There is also a battery dock that has pig tails so you can use power tool battery for fish finders and other toys .

boon

The world of cordless power tools is as convoluted as that of reel manufacturers. Ridgid is a TTI brand, who also make Milwaukee and Ryobi. There's apparently a lot of shared DNA between the far more expensive Milwaukee "trade" quality products and the "enthusiast" Ridgid, often making Ridgid extremely good value for money.