My wife outfished me

Started by Shellbelly, December 05, 2023, 08:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

Santa couldn't wait for Christmas day. I came across a NOS 6600 C5 for my wife.  After a little training, she outclassed me and my 2 Penn Peer surf rigs. That's an older 7' Wonderod.  It was pretty cool to see her adjust a mag brake and learn to place her casts where she found bites.  I just stayed out of the way.  Her 22" redfish was in about a foot of water so she got to see stuff happen!  Can a person wear any more colors? ;D

I caught one whiting.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

steelfish

cool, thanks for sharing

very cool about the wonderod still on the battle.
I have one of those wonderods that I plan to restore one day
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

That's one thing I don't think I'll ever have to worry about. I'd be thrilled just to get her to do any fishing, much less catch something.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Shellbelly on December 05, 2023, 08:29:20 PMSanta couldn't wait for Christmas day. I came across a NOS 6600 C5 for my wife.  After a little training, she outclassed me and my 2 Penn Peer surf rigs. That's an older 7' Wonderod.  It was pretty cool to see her adjust a mag brake and learn to place her casts where she found bites.  I just stayed out of the way.  Her 22" redfish was in about a foot of water so she got to see stuff happen!  Can a person wear any more colors? ;D

I caught one whiting.
;D   The girl has her lucky fishing attire on , and it worked !!
    My wife has out fished me a few times too .   ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Bryan Young

Sweeeet!!!  Love these pictures!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Crab Pot

She looks like a fishermen to me!

Or should I say fisherperson? 8)

Congratulations on a great day and memories and story's for years to come!

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

foakes

At least we know there is (1) fisherman in the family!

Great photos.

Thanks for sharing!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

Nice batch offish!  She did good!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

pointbob

that green abu is an amazing reel. i got a slightly larger handle with it...
Patience comes to those who wait

Midway Tommy

Making sure your wife catches fish makes for a happy life.  ;)  :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Brewcrafter

Great report!!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!! - john

Shellbelly

Quote from: pointbob on December 06, 2023, 02:14:35 PMthat green abu is an amazing reel. i got a slightly larger handle with it..
I have an older 6600 with the longer handle.  Hers is a newer model.  Overspooling was a frustration for her with the 5000's.  This reel almost eliminates the problem and she got very comfortable casting all over the place, picking her spots and working her areas.  It was satisfying to watch from a distance knowing she didn't really need me to do anything.  She was making her own world.

Quote from: Midway Tommy on December 06, 2023, 04:26:45 PMMaking sure your wife catches fish makes for a happy life.

So true.  She has landed some big fish, but Penn Peers are different animals. She struggled with long surf rods and reel adjustments. This new reel is hers to own.  I'm the Service Department, shark grabber, ray remover, and fish cleaner....and darn glad to do it.  Next step:  Wade Fishing 101.

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Midway Tommy

I'm a lucky kind of guy. My wife loves to fish!  :fish She baits her own hook, nets my fish, takes the fish off hers, & my hook when I running the boat, and helps clean & package them, too!   8)  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Midway Tommy on December 07, 2023, 05:32:31 AMI'm a lucky kind of guy. My wife loves to fish!  :fish She baits her own hook, nets my fish, takes the fish off hers, & my hook when I running the boat, and helps clean & package them, too!   8)  ;D
Does she offer lessons? I'll send mine off for training camp.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on December 07, 2023, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on December 07, 2023, 05:32:31 AMI'm a lucky kind of guy. My wife loves to fish!  :fish She baits her own hook, nets my fish, takes the fish off hers, & my hook when I running the boat, and helps clean & package them, too!  8)  ;D
Does she offer lessons? I'll send mine off for training camp.

She grew up on a farm.  ;)  Cleaning fish is nothing in her mind compared to plucking, butchering and putting away a couple hundred chickens in a day.  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE