Fathom 2 handle replacemenet

Started by Dozer217, December 05, 2023, 10:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dozer217

Can you replace the t-bar handle on the 15nld2 with the old style fathom handle?

Keta

Yes,  Alan makes a direct replacement handle.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hamachi

Penn developed that T bar handle to directly compete with Alan's handles! Lol! If it has a removable screw in the spindle, then it will fit. Just the handle grip, not the whole handle arm and grip.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

alantani

dozer, you want the old plastic oval grip, correct?  i've got a bunch.  i can just mail one to you.  i usually toss them, but there are a couple still laying around.  i also have one of my 5/0 grips that has been adapted to fit the fathoms.  they are $35 plus shipping.  the old plastic one can be sent out at no charge.  let me know what i can help you with!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Alan's handles are realy nice. I have one on a Penn 15XN and it is not too large to make the reel "out of balance" for casting.   I also have them on the  Penn 501,  113H, 349 and 114H reels I fish with. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hamachi

Yes, all kidding aside, Alan's handles are the best! If you are serious about landing LARGE fish, this is your grip. They really do make a difference. Power and comfort come to mind when talking about these which more than makes up for the small weight penalty. Truth be told, was a little skeptical when I first encountered these grips, but have become very confident using them. They have only gotten better over the years. The latest version is a good looking bolt on replacement that anyone can do. I know it wasn't easy getting to this point, but all of the R&D has been done for us to use and enjoy the end product.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Bill B

I have Alan's handles on 2 fathoms and a Baja Special.  Best money I ever spent on an upgrade.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!