Bart Hall Show Long Beach Jan 25-28, 2024

Started by Brewcrafter, December 08, 2023, 04:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Every year myself and a couple of my Inland Empire fishing buddies hit the Hall Show in Long Beach.  Now I know the show had a couple of rough years, and last year I had to hand off my ticket due to an "invitation" to do my civic duty down at the Courthouse.  Anyhow, planning on playing hookie (what I am saying, I don't have to go to work anymore!) for opening day on Wednesday the 25th, and looking forward to hopefully seeing Alan and some other familiar faces and some cool gear! - john

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

I have gone to Fred Hall in Del Mar (san diego) few times and this year I was planning to go to Long Beach FH show, I know its the bigger version of San Diego, Im still on the track to make it happen but in my case it will be till saturday, hopefully I can make it, maybe I can see the Boss in person  :D
The Baja Guy

alantani

there is also the sportsmen's expo in Sacramento, january 18-21, the pacific northwest sportsmen's show in portland, february 14-18, and the pacific coast sportfishing show in costa mesa, march 7-10.  i plan to attend the sacramento expo, bart hall show and the pcs show. 

Crab Pot

Quote from: alantani on December 08, 2023, 10:14:21 PMi plan to attend the sacramento expo, bart hall show and the pcs show. 

What day for Sacramento Alan?

I'll buy you a beer or cocktail!

https://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/sacramento/

I'd LOVE to go to the Hall Show but I just can't justify the distance or expense (not of the show, of all the stuff I don't need that I would buy).

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

alantani

i usually head out on the first day.  traffic is a little easier.  no real need to stay 2 days.  i can see everything i want to see in about 2 hours.  after that, it's just hanging out with friends. 

El Pescador

Yeah!

Cause you NEVER know who you will bump into at the Bart Hall Show!!!!!

And Steve, you owe me a beer from the last Morro Bay Trip.

I'll be attending the ISE Sactown, Jan. 19, Friday, you can pay up then!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crab Pot

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on December 08, 2023, 10:14:21 PMthere is also the sportsmen's expo in Sacramento, january 18-21, the pacific northwest sportsmen's show in portland, february 14-18, and the pacific coast sportfishing show in costa mesa, march 7-10.  i plan to attend the sacramento expo, bart hall show and the pcs show. 

I read the last year the PCS show was 3x better than FH show, is that true?
The Baja Guy

alantani

i think that the PCS show was better, but both shows still lack the full attendance that the old fred hall show used to have.  i think that penn will continue to support the pcs show.  the company heads probably see little value in supporting two shows so close together and in the same area. 

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crab Pot

The last couple of Sac shows were small, didn't even use the whole venue.

But it was COVID recovery mode.

I still go every year, spend more on beer than gear!

Never been to a Hall Show but I want to.

Steve

steelfish

Quote from: Crab Pot on December 09, 2023, 12:51:02 AMI still go every year, spend more on beer than gear!
Steve

dude, one the beer, two hotdogs and a soda for the kiddo will kill the gear money, they're &*^&$ expensive LOL
The Baja Guy

Cor

Quote from: steelfish on December 09, 2023, 12:57:02 AM
Quote from: Crab Pot on December 09, 2023, 12:51:02 AMI still go every year, spend more on beer than gear!
Steve

dude, one the beer, two hotdogs and a soda for the kiddo will kill the gear money, they're &*^&$ expensive LOL
Only for us that live in different places :-[
Cornelis

Penn

Quote from: alantani on December 09, 2023, 12:29:48 AMi think that the PCS show was better, but both shows still lack the full attendance that the old fred hall show used to have.  i think that penn will continue to support the pcs show.  the company heads probably see little value in supporting two shows so close together and in the same area. 

Pure Fishing attended the Fred Hall shows for many years but made the switch to PCS in 2022 and plan on continuing only with PCS in the years to come.  Both shows have their pros and cons, but I will say the layout at PCS is pretty cool.  See you there Alan!

tony