Penn Special Senator H113

Started by SoySauceSupreme, December 09, 2023, 06:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: day0ne on December 09, 2023, 07:58:34 PMLots of parts on ebay. Frame bars starting at $5 bid, a whole kit starting at $25 bid. Be sure and scroll all the way down the listing. BTW, the rear posts will work in the front.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3519243.m570.l1311&_nkw=penn+113hlw&_sacat=0

I'll need the spools as well but, judging by how I'll need to buy everything x2 I think either catching a good deal on it or just buying 2 used ones in decent condition for the right price might be worth it.  I think it'll come out to the same price.  I was originally just hoping I could find something that was a fast cheap mod.  But looks like I'll just need to be patience and dish up the coin.

Thanks

Keta

The only aluminum 113H spools I have are the heavy chrome ones and the 1/2 frames should have been tossed in the trash.

I do have a few 114H aluminum spools and a nice 113HW reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: Keta on December 09, 2023, 11:49:08 PMThe only aluminum 113H spools I have are the heavy chrome ones and the 1/2 frames should have been tossed in the trash.

I do have a few 114H aluminum spools and a nice 113HW reel.

But the 114h spool won't fit in the H113 right?

I was trying to see if there was a cheap and easy way to widen my H113 into a H113HLW.

Keta

No, the shaft is thicker the spool  larger. 

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: Keta on December 10, 2023, 12:38:26 AMNo, the shaft is thicker the spool  larger. 

Figured as much.

Thanks

Gfish

I like the Penn aluminum 1/2 frames on the HLW reels. Onea those, the top post and an aluminum spool will make a nice Senator.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

Just to make sure, you are starting with a red side plate 4/0 penn senator 113h, not a black side plate lower speed 113, correct?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!