Penn Special Senator H113

Started by SoySauceSupreme, December 09, 2023, 06:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoySauceSupreme

I have a couple US made H113s that I was hoping to make into a H113HLWs.  I'm not looking to spend big bucks on a tiburon frame and kit and I'm having issues finding the original or used parts to make the reel into a HLW. Is it possible to use H114 parts to make a H113 into a H113hlw? Not sure if the support bars would be long enough to take a H113hlw spool.

This would be for Ulua fishing in Hawaii

Thanks

alantani

welcome!!! i've never taken a hard look to see if this is possible, but, off the top, i'd say no. to convert a 4/0 penn senator 113HL into a 113hlw, you would only need the 113 hlw frame and spool.  you can compare schematics at mysticparts.com.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: alantani on December 09, 2023, 06:29:04 AMwelcome!!! i've never taken a hard look to see if this is possible, but, off the top, i'd say no. to convert a 4/0 penn senator 113HL into a 113hlw, you would only need the 113 hlw frame and spool.  you can compare schematics at mysticparts.com.

I tried looking on there for H113 HLW parts but unfortunately they don't have the parts.
Looking at the schematics I'm just not sure about the length and the thread pitch (which  I'm sure it'll be the same as the H113)

Bryan Young

You will need a base, spool, bars and a top post to create and HLW from an HL or H. Might be easier to purchase a couple of used HLWs and you'd have spare parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 09, 2023, 08:21:21 AMYou will need a base, spool, bars and a top post to create and HLW from an HL or H. Might be easier to purchase a couple of used HLWs and you'd have spare parts.

beginning to believe that after seeing all the pricing.

thorhammer

The Penn 68 Long Beach bars may work but the stand won't; it's a two hole.

thorhammer

Wait, that is a three hole, I believe.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I think that I  have a pair of very nice 113HLWs if you want them.

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: thorhammer on December 09, 2023, 11:04:21 AMWait, that is a three hole, I believe.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

SoySauceSupreme

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 09, 2023, 04:55:19 PMI think that I  have a pair of very nice 113HLWs if you want them.

I'll pm you

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Keta

I have wide 113H spools but I am not sure if I have any aluminum ones, I also might have a usable half frame.  I will check today.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

Lots of parts on ebay. Frame bars starting at $5 bid, a whole kit starting at $25 bid. Be sure and scroll all the way down the listing. BTW, the rear posts will work in the front.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3519243.m570.l1311&_nkw=penn+113hlw&_sacat=0
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter