Okuma Makaira 130 II drag clicker

Started by huckgrey1, December 14, 2023, 01:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huckgrey1

Hello wondering if anyone knows how to disassemble a drag clicker assembly on a Makaira 130II. Even in the off position the clicker remains softly but audibly on.

I was able to remove the nut and the washer but not sure how to proceed from here, as the threads look like they are directly into the frame.

Turning the torx on the outside just spins the clicker nub indefinitely.

boon

There are flats on the clicker nub, use them to hold it while you remove the Torx.

Mind you the whole thing _should_ just pull out of the sideplate now?

Based on all the thick black schmutz around that area it will be clogged up behind it. Give it a really good cleaning and I bet it will work properly.

huckgrey1

Thanks so much Boon! I tried that earlier but it was stuck pretty good so I gave up early. With your comment I put in a little more force and released it.

Looks like it corroded and chipped away.

huckgrey1

Does anyone know if these are meant to come out ? They look like they might be one way....not sure if a flat head can back these out.

Looks like I need remove these too and replace the whole part.

Bryan Young

I absolutely am not sure. I would send a message to Okuma or call them in Ontario if it's convenient and speak with the service technician.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

huckgrey1

Spoke to a rep, the only threads that are on clicker assembly is for the inside washer. I will soak in corrosion X and see if I can tap it out.

Thank you all for the comments.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

huckgrey1

Yes, was able to get it out. Could not get any tools to fit due to the concave shape of the frame and the nub that sticks out for the anti reverse pawl spring. But a thin walled spark plug wrench found on Amazon did the job.