12vsx adjustable clicker works in 16vsx?

Started by Rcscherz210, December 16, 2023, 02:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcscherz210

Hi everyone,

I recently learned that 12vsx reels had an adjustable clicker.  These reels aren't very easy to find since they are out of production. 

I have a 16vsx reel. 

Does anyone know if the 12vsx adjustable clicker assembly can be used on a 16vsx? 

Or if anyone knows where to buy as 12 vsx, let me know. The new 12 visx does not have this feature  :(

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rcscherz210

Hi Swami805,

Please share a link to the ones you found.  I messaged all the sellers advertising 12vsx over the last month or so and each time, they are actually selling 12 visx.  I'd be happy to make sure I tried each one! 

Thanks. 

Swami805

Don't know about posting links, type the reel you want in the search bar, it was on the first page. Seller is in Australia, the listing has a picture of one, don't know if it's the one he's selling though. I bought a Penn fathom from him when they were on sale, got here in a week

Rcscherz210

Unfortunately I did already contact that seller.  The listing is really for visx, not vsx.  Thanks for the input. 

Swami805

That's kinda dumb. You can save the search on eBay and they'll email you when one comes up

Tunanorth

Very unlikely it would work, as there was a separate "indent" machined into the 12 sideplate that the 16 did not have.