Taggart model 10

Started by nunc, December 24, 2023, 02:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nunc

has anyone encountered a Taggart spinning reel other than just in passing ?  Would dearly love to see a schematic, maybe browse some disassembly / assembly instructions.  This is as far as I got. If it doesn't show up, drag is adjusted by turning the entire housing ... if I counted right, about 4ΒΌ complete revolutions from full lock to full slack. It somewhat reminds me of some the higher end spincast Float reels like ABU 505, Shakespeare Match, but without a Bell in front.

BTW, I have no idea how it casts or retrieves, I have yet to get it to do anything that resembles disengaging a line release or engaging a line pickup, although there is a pin visible in the upper end of the 'gadget' (photo #5) that looks like someone cut a piece off a finishing nail ... it was rattling around loose in the whatchmacallit when the reel arrived, and I put it where it in the hole in the gadget ... really have no idea if that's where it actually belongs

other than that

Nunc

sandbar

I have never seen a schematic, but someone on this site must have a nib with paper work.

I looked up the patent. Check out the pdf for a detailed description.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

-Steve

nunc

reel pictured in the patent is shown mounted into the back end of a hollow rod that would be absolutely unique to that type reel.  My Model 10 mounts on a conventional spinning rod, its the casting / retrieving, and disassembly that so far has me stumped

Bryan Young

That's an interesting piece of machinery he got there
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Midway Tommy

Maybe this will help:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US3488015

Be sure to read the entire specifics in the description portion.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)