Penn 710 Greenie Silver Medallion

Started by jgp12000, December 24, 2023, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

A coworker of my son-in-law got a batch of old reels still in the box at an estate sale or something.Anyhow,my son-in-law got a 710 Greenie  out of the batch for me. It is my only Penn that has the original box and tool kit.I will post photos when I get it back together. It has some boat rash,but looks like it will be totally functional after cleaning/servicing.Most Greenie 710s I have seen have the brass medallion,and the black 710s have the silver one? I just wonder if Penn just used what they had that day,or is there any significance.Maybe the original owner replaced it at some point?

Midway Tommy

The earliest green 710s had the silver medallion just like the black ones. If the box is correct for a green 710 with the silver medallion the metal corner braces will be painted white, not unpainted metal.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

jgp12000

Good Info Tom! I cleaned it & lubed with Super lube and Lucas reel oil,plus a new bearing. It's like brand new except for some boat rash.

jgp12000

This is my only 710, but I noticed a little more slop In the eccentric lever than my 712s. It does not have a hole in the eccentric for an eccentric spring like the newer models do,is this normal?