What fishing related items did Santa bring you this year?

Started by pjstevko, December 26, 2023, 06:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I got a gift certificate for Fishermans Landing in SD, a nice Salty Crew t-shirt and a great "mystery" of inshore lures from Hogy!

Considering I didn't ask for fishing gear I scored!

thorhammer

welllll....I picked up some scores as we sort of bought our own this year...two Penn deep drop rods and new deck boots. My brother gave me some Clousers and wife gave me a DeWalt 20V router, which will be in use cutting new console top for the boat.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

I got some of these micro fiber hand towels for fishing 
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cor

Father christmas lost my address many years ago :-\

I did have some time to repair/modify a boat rod I have not used for a long time, it is still on the dryer!
shortened it by 13 cm, a new 10 mm tip, 2 new 10 mm guides and some cosmetic touch ups.

I have started to use no smaller then 10 mm guides as the clips I use can pass through them, so much easier when changing a reel while fishing.
Cornelis

Kolbein

Nothing, but I gave my brother a nice Ambassadeur 6500C Synro and a rod. Hope he has time to use it next year :)
Norwegian Noob

I hit it big this year! Two Daiwa Coastal 200 TW's, a St.Croix Mojo Inshore, a St.Croix Victory.  I love it that my wife has embraced my one is none, two is one phylosophy.

JasonGotaProblem

I got a lithium battery to power my kayak. Now, me being fat and lazy won't keep the fish safe anymore.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Reeltyme

Just today, ( a little after the big man comes) I scored a first version Mitchell! Been hunting for a while for this reel.

Donnyboat

Father Xmas must have been looking for me, a mate thought he had brought an ultrasonic cleaner, but unfortatly 2 arrived, so he gave me one, its a Vevor 10L, can anyone tell me what is the best soluction to use in it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hytekrednek

A JDM Shimano Antares DC, A st. Croix Legend elite rod for texas rigs and such, and have on order an Edge Epitome in light medium heavy  casting. My wife is very good to me for sure. She rocks!  I also got a few baits and a couple spools of line.

thorhammer

Quote from: Donnyboat on December 30, 2023, 02:33:09 PMFather Xmas must have been looking for me, a mate thought he had brought an ultrasonic cleaner, but unfortatly 2 arrived, so he gave me one, its a Vevor 10L, can anyone tell me what is the best soluction to use in it, cheers Don.

Don, simple green and water works well, but I don't uses it on aluminum. Dawn and water works well too. Dawn the detergent, not our Smoothdrag buddy! Tho I bet she knows how to clean reels :)

Bill B

A little late to the party, but when you visit Alan leave your checkbook in the car  ::) Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: Bill B on April 09, 2024, 03:04:52 AMA little late to the party, but when you visit Alan leave your checkbook in the car  ::) Bill

A 20 and a 50! Holy crap Bill!  You must be heading to Cow Town soon!

I just put my Mak 20SEA on my Viper rod and loathe how big and heavy it is,  can't imagine how that 50 feels....

Nice toys Bill!