Horusdy Screwdrivers?

Started by foakes, December 29, 2023, 11:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Checking the box on another good year nearly wrapped up now.

Decided to REALLY organize my manually operated mechanics tools. 

Wrenches, picks, screwdrivers, pullers, pliers, vise-grips, sockets, extensions, ratchets, electrical stuff, etc.

Picked up an old Snap-On Taco box about 15 years ago on CL for $350.  Weighs around 370 lbs. empty.

I have had all of my mechanic tools stowed in it.

However, even with rubber mats in the drawers —- the wrenches and other tools move when the drawers are opened and closed.

Tools get mixed up.

Found online some Horusdy Wrench Organizers.  Surprisingly, they are of a higher quality material & workmanship than the comparable Snap-On organizers.  Heavy, seemingly unbreakable,
1/4 the price of Snap-On, less than half the price of Craftsman.

Bought (3) pairs.

Was looking over their other tools, and came across their screwdrivers.  All ratings were excellent (4.5+ stars).

Bought a set of (6) insulated small screwdrivers that I like to use for reel work —- due to their right size and handling/control.

Wasn't expecting too much —- but for $12.99, free shipping, and appearing nearly the same as my Wiha's —- but 60% less —- thought I'd give them a shot.

WOW!  I was wrong, they are way above what I expected —- and just right for safe, controllable reel work.

Took down (2) old reels with 60 - 70 year old fused screws.  Tightened slightly —- then just backed the screws out.

Highly recommended —- so far.

I am not a "tool snob".  Many of my friends are though.

I just use what works of the highest quality that I can find —- without breaking the bank.

Used quality tools are my first choice, then solid quality new tools on sale second.

I use Craftsman, Ridgid, DeWalt, Knipex, Channelock, Irwin, Brownell's, Milwaukee, Ryobi, Porter-Cable, Skil, Klein, Makita, and others.  Nothing fancy —- just what works without letting me down in the middle of a project.

Some of you might try this set of screwdrivers.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JasonGotaProblem

I bought a tap and die set from them for shockingly cheap. Only done a few taps but so far nothing has died.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.