Quick Champion Series Clutch Lock

Started by sandbar, December 31, 2023, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

This series of reels are advertised in the 1975 catalog as "New", so I assume that 75 is the first year they were sold. I recently purchased a used 700B reel that has a clutch lock and noticed that it was not mentioned as a feature in the catalog or the owners manual. I bought an empty box to go with my reel and though the picture of the reel on the box does not have clutch lock, it does have a sticker on the box (see picture) that tells of it.

Does any one know when this feature was added?
I am also curious as to when the 600B became available and if the 600B has always had the clutch lock feature.
Perhaps that was also the year that they added the clutch lock feature to the 700 and 800 Series models.

quang tran

I just bought on ebay a 700B in very poor condition ,this is the first Dam Quick Champion I get . After complete tear down ,clean it up and straight up the handle the reel back to service .It does have the clutch lock as you said ,at first I thought it's a flipping switch but it is not ,it just allow line come out when push in . Over all the reel built better  than Ambassadeur but a litter heavier .Have not try to cast with it